510 Nissalco Special tools / dealer service kit

IMG-6428-1.jpgIMG-6426-1.jpgIMG-6427-1.jpgIMG-6465.jpgIMG-6465-1.jpg

Hi Folks, I  came across an old Nissalco dealer service tool kit with many tools in it. The reason i am inquiring here is during a google search i came across a post back from 2008 mentioning a similar tool kit on this forum and it has been rather difficult to find much information about these I am trying to determine a value for what i have as i have recently sold off some Kawasaki equipment way below market and dont want to make the same error,  I am located on Vancouver island in Canada.   The Photo with red and green indicates what is identifiable in the tool box, green is there, red is missing, there are a few extra nissan tools that were in the box but not listed on the inventory on the box lid, or i can,t properly identify. I am not always around the computer so please bear with me if you have questions or would like a photo of a specific tool. Thanks. Scott  As well If this topic needs to be moved to a different forum folder  i am sorry, i thought general topic was a good shot.  

Edited by Scott
to include larger inventory photo
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Scott, I'm in the Comox Valley.

That's a unique tool kit. Some, if not all engine fixtures would work on almost all L series engines. It's a piece of history but like any old quaint lug wrench they are not indispensable and newer ones work as well. I have a leather pouch with wheel chocks, a handle for spinning the jack and a lug wrench for my 710. I have it, but never use it, choosing instead a hydraulic jack and ratchet. Your toolkit is valuable for being unique more than being needed.  Someone will want it for it's historical value I'm sure.

Can you post a larger picture of the list of contents?

That toolkit is truly one-of-a-kind. Most, if not all, engine fixtures can be used with nearly all L series engines, making it a valuable piece of history. However, much like an old-fashioned lug wrench, these tools, although quaint, are not indispensable, as newer ones serve the purpose just as well. Personally, I own a leather pouch containing wheel chocks, a handle for rotating the jack, and a lug wrench designed for my 710 model. Despite having it, I rarely use it, opting instead for a hydraulic jack and ratchet. The value of your toolkit lies more in its uniqueness than its practicality. I am certain that someone will appreciate its historical significance and cherish it as a collector's item.

• 4 months later...

That toolset is definitely unique. Most, if not all, engine fittings are compatible with virtually all L series engines, making it an important piece of history. However, like an old-fashioned lug wrench, these instruments, while charming, are not vital because modern ones perform the same role just as well. Personally, I have a leather pouch with tire chocks, a handle for turning the jack, and a lug wrench specifically created for my 710 model. Despite owning it, I rarely use it, preferring a hydraulic jack and ratchet. Your toolkit's worth stems from its distinctiveness rather than its utility. I am confident that someone will recognize its historical value and keep it as a collector's piece.

• 1 month later...

The toolkit is quite distinctive. Many of its engine fixtures are compatible with a wide range of L series engines. While it holds historical significance, like any antiquated lug wrench, it's not considered essential, especially when modern alternatives are available. Personally, I own a leather pouch containing wheel chocks, a jack handle, and a lug wrench for my 710, but I rarely use it. Instead, I opt for a hydraulic jack and ratchet. The value of your toolkit lies more in its uniqueness and historical importance rather than its practical necessity. I'm certain there will be collectors interested in it for its historical value.