Radio delete plate, What are the measurements?

With the permission of the administrator, hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I really like the topics that are discussed here. I would like to know what are the measurements of the radio delete plate because I will recreate it in 3D, thanks for reading and I await your response.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• datzenmike changed the title to Radio delete plate, What are the measurements?
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Wait, is this for the consul mounted radio? from '77 and up trucks. I've see one of those. It's called the 'radio mask' and is part # 68470-B5201 if you want to look it up.

Yeah, My truck it's a 74 but i don't gonna use the original space for the radio because i have a good idea to put a stereo in the glove box. 

1 hour ago, Derek Harris said:

Yeah, My truck it's a 74 but i don't gonna use the original space for the radio because i have a good idea to put a stereo in the glove box. 

Lol, saw the 1200 thread first. I have one of these in front of me, measurements are as follows: Height is 60.57 mm assume 60.6 mm as is there is some minor warping due to age. Length is 186.5 mm without warping 185 or so with. image.jpeg.7a3b61c3dd43082ee5780b285172e405.jpeg

Also, I should already have a mostly completed 3D file for this, let me see if I can find it.

Edit 2: check your DM I sent you some files for one for a 620, not 100% accurate (missing a few lines and text is wrong) but the size is correct and you can modify to whatever you want.

620 radio delete plate stl.jpg

I stuck my original one on with double sided tape, for the 3D printed version for my 1200 with tach, I did a much harder print with plastic threaded bolts and nuts that went through the original holes for the tuner knobs. That was very difficult to get those to print correctly so if you want to do it that way I can tell you sizing and what tricks you need to do to get it to work (they tend to break unless you do some very particular stuff).

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2
On 6/8/2023 at 10:20 PM, datzenmike said:

Wait, is this for the consul mounted radio? from '77 and up trucks. I've see one of those. It's called the 'radio mask' and is part # 68470-B5201 if you want to look it up.

I believe the NON AC 620's had the radio up in the dash, so the console had a blanking plate.  The AC 620's placed the AC controls up in the dash in place of the radio, so the radio was moved down to the console!

That said, which blanking plate is the OP looking to 3D print?

Aug '76 and on air con. TJ... I think in place of the radio there was an air duct with rotary vanes to direct cold air at driver or passenger. The air con slide controls are likely at the very top of the console just above the radio. There is a thin wide plastic mask or delete plate for it also.    

I also have a blanking plate in front of me. The non-metric (inch) dimensions are as follows: length-7 11/32, and height 2 11/32. The upper corners are round, about 11/32, and the lower corners are square. This matches almost perfectly with the dimensions that Dguy gave. It looks just like the pic that Dguy gave also. Also on the back are the numbers that datzenmike gave. I don't have the background for this as it was, I think, on the floor of a 1979 Datsun 620 King Cab that I acquired several years ago for parts. This 620 didn't have any seats or console in it. By the way, these measurements are accurate as I am very familiar with the tape measure (old cabinetmaker), and the tape measure was a Stanley 12 ft (also very accurate). 

Don

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, rattyrat said:

anyone got a blanking plate for a 510? or want to sell a 3d print of one? thanks

Looks like a 620 plate is actually pretty damn close, might need the bottom corners rounded off a tiny bit the same as the top.

From thread:

photo37.jpg

Edited by Dguy210