Rubber pieces??? Front bumper.

pidge

Hey guys I’m almost outta ideas and material laying about to try and cobble up some type of factory looking replacement for the front bumper rubber grommets. Any pro tips what you may have used to make it clean and not so bad looking? I’ve got a reworked bumper new and fresh, but the bolts and rubber mounts are gonna not make me happy. I’ve included some pics of the rubber pieces I’m referring to. It’s the little rubbers that separate the body from the bumper
-Pidge

D280D2FB-B65B-4071-8886-4447423AF1CF.jpeg

D71F6E6B-F0FC-4A8F-BB78-778E344B7426.jpeg

46F26185-04BD-4F10-A5B7-A75303568F7C.jpeg

E9C65C93-5EED-494D-A79F-3EED3B1BCBB4.jpeg

77227B2A-EA4A-45E7-BAAB-6C71AF665BE2.jpeg

Edited by pidge
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, bilzbobaggins said:

Agreed.  I wonder if they are beveled or just a puck.   I wonder if a tension rod bushing is about the same size?

Looks tapered on the one side to me. I had it apart last year and if memory serves me correct it was tapered. I’ve got the means of cutting material, just drawing a blank on off the shelf material. 

• 1 month later...

Excellent work. The 620 has a similar set up. The problem with it is the 'bumper' won't protect anything. It's flimsy and though it mounts to the frame, the 521 also, the mounts are almost sheet metal. Any collision collapses it and transfers to the bolted to fenders damaging them as well. How this passed crash tests is beyond me. 521/620 bumpers are more a crumple zone.

• Haha 1

Totally agree. Slightest smack and it’s gonna be “god help ya” for parts. I do have this waiting my friend😋….

On 7/25/2023 at 9:27 AM, datzenmike said:

Excellent work. The 620 has a similar set up. The problem with it is the 'bumper' won't protect anything. It's flimsy and though it mounts to the frame, the 521 also, the mounts are almost sheet metal. Any collision collapses it and transfers to the bolted to fenders damaging them as well. How this passed crash tests is beyond me. 521/620 bumpers are more a crumple zone.

D2C4A4F9-7F74-4AA8-9B5F-FA72E0154434.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...