L84ZRVR Datsun 620 Build

15 hours ago, Sublime27 said:

yea original studs are too short. an I heard that rear drums are alot of work to change studs. I could be wrong only ever changed studs on disc brake setups. also I probably was gonna put flares on at some point anyways.

About the question about your studs....

It confused me when I first read it too..

I think iceman thought it was a thin spacer but sounds like you have a bolt on spacer.... sounds like shorter studs were installed to hold the spacer, and those studs are too short to let you mount the rim... 

Edited by Crashtd420
  • Like 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Studs are not hard to change. Dorman makes all sorts of studs or you can buy OEM. The Dorman number is 610320 M12x1.25 41.66mm under head length. The splined section is 13.13mm in diameter. You  can use this info to get OEM equivalents or go up in length depending on your needs. Check out the Dorman catalog. Please do not hack your truck apart to fit wheels. Don't be hella flush, do it hella right. 

Edited by Wildcat Walker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

yea it has bolt on spacers. an I don't see it as hacking it up cause I already planned on putting flares at some point. just didn't think I would do it so soon. regardless I'd have to roll the fenders a bit if it had the right studs. so why not just put flares lol also gonna clear coat my paint this summer.

• Like 1
On 2/6/2024 at 9:20 PM, Sublime27 said:

yea it has bolt on spacers. an I don't see it as hacking it up cause I already planned on putting flares at some point. just didn't think I would do it so soon. regardless I'd have to roll the fenders a bit if it had the right studs. so why not just put flares lol also gonna clear coat my paint this summer.

You might not see it as hacking, but it is hacking. Why not just run wheels that match the size of the truck and keep the styling as intended? Just remember that these trucks have been out of production a long time, the more we cut away at them, the less there are for the future.  

I feel that if done right, tasteful body mods are perfectly acceptable. Any body shape can be improved upon with mods so choose the right shape and do quality work, and it will be a worthy investment.

That said, most people destroy the body panels when attempting to modify them. There is no such thing as a simple body cut. When I cut and rebuild fender arches to fit bigger tires, doesn't matter what the truck is, the job takes about a solid week of metalwork.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:46 AM, Wildcat Walker said:

Please do not hack your truck apart to fit wheels. Don't be hella flush, do it hella right. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, EDM620 said:

I like that roof spoiler, gonna look into that + the front bumper and chin spoiler

You guys are both lucky DP isn't still around .... he gave shit for my roof spoiler for 5 years here....

I used the one from my old pathfinder on my 521...

Looks like you could get a third brake light mounted in there if you wanted...

• Like 1

I'm running a Webasto sunroof so I'll need to get some details about the height to figure out if I'll have the necessary clearance. Apparently I don't have the actual pics on this computer, but this is what it looks like

2011MalibuSunroof.jpg.180acfa4d4bd626844978a582053144f.jpg

Fully open it just extends a hair past the drip rail

When I got the truck it already had an old school sunroof that amazingly hadn't leaked but the seal was totally rotted where the UV rays had gotten to it and I couldn't find a replacement seal or material. Option was to go bigger or do a patch that probably would have looked worse.

IMG_3825small.jpg.7d6184bfd84d79567dece30f9b0e62e3.jpg

Let me know how much above the sheetmetal the roof spoiler is when you get a chance

yeaim not worried about ppl not liking the cab spoiler cause I like it thats all that matters lol

I ordered some black lugnuts fender flares an hardware so well see if I like the look when they get here. gonna order a clearcoat kit soon too.

• Like 1