Danno’s 620 Build

280Dan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I set the timing prior to checking the valves and unless I should now recheck the timing I don’t think that’s the issue. Unless there are other adjustments I can make without buying anything, I’m not going to go any further and will start the swap process. As much as I’d like to enjoy it for the rest of the nice weather, I don’t see a point in spending anything on this engine when the plan is to remove it over the winter anyway

• Like 1
3 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

checking the cam timing ,distributor timing and cam lash is about a half hour if that.

Back firing can be bad point condensor. but since a 79 its a EI distributor so thats not it.

adjust the carb misture and retime.

so spend the time and see. If you cant do this dont do aengine swap. Cause a L motor is EZ .

I appreciate the input and understand the time it takes and I’m more than cable of doing that kind of work, I rebuilt the L28 (pistons, rings, bearings, valve job) in my Z myself. I’m just stating I don’t think it’s worth it, I already have the other engine and trans waiting as that’s been the plan all along

So, I ended buying a rebuild kit for the carb since it’s relatively cheap. I’m getting conflicting information on setting the float level however. The Redline spec sheet that came in the box says 18mm from gasket to top of float but others are saying it’s 40 something mm and to not use the gasket. I’m not sure what’s correct and also where exactly on the float I’m supposed to measure to

F46FDF50-5281-4ACD-AC25-83EB743FE617.jpeg

IMG_2974.jpeg

Edited by 280Dan