20230305-081751-HDR.jpg

20230305-152705-HDR.jpg

20230305-152714-HDR.jpg

20230305-152727.jpg

20230305-152735-HDR.jpg

20230305-152742.jpg

20230305-152822-HDR.jpg

20230305-152832.jpg

I found what i thought was a nice priced datsun trailer made from a truck bed, I think this would be a super idea to add to my 620 camper,  not to familiar with trailers as a whole but if I lower this trailer what shouldnt I do.  I am going to repaint it to coincided with the camper and lower it and put different wheels and call it a day,  any suggestions ideas or complaints Im all ears

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one obvious thing about truck bed trailers that I absolutely detest is that they almost always use a complete truck axle. What a waste.

I've taken them out and installed trailer axles which don't have a diff. You can buy a cheap trailer axle at Tractor Supply for a couple hundred bucks. They come with or without electric brakes, and in many wheel bolt patterns, including 6x5.5".

Come to think of it, I've even seen bed trailers with exhaust tailpipes poking out the back. Talk about lazy.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the right just forward of the axle there will be attachment points for the fuel tank. Or the tank may still be there. If it's attached to the bed then it's a'73-'77. It attached to the frame then '78-'79. 

• Like 1
On 3/6/2023 at 12:49 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

The one obvious thing about truck bed trailers that I absolutely detest is that they almost always use a complete truck axle. What a waste.

I've taken them out and installed trailer axles which don't have a diff. You can buy a cheap trailer axle at Tractor Supply for a couple hundred bucks. They come with or without electric brakes, and in many wheel bolt patterns, including 6x5.5".

Come to think of it, I've even seen bed trailers with exhaust tailpipes poking out the back. Talk about lazy.

That's done on purpose, incase your rear end blows, you just swap them out on the side of the road.

• 2 weeks later...