Is a Datsun 521 able to do a 620 Hakosuka conversion?

Prinz232

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2023 at 1:33 PM, Prinz232 said:

Hello everyone, I’m able to recently buy a 521 and am hesitant because I love the 620 front and wanted to do a 620 Hakosuka front conversion. Could I technically be able to still do that conversion on a 521? New to Datsun Trucks so I apologize for ignorance…

I read it as him buying a 521 but wants to put a 620 front end on it. The 521/620 frames are basically identical so the front wheel openings are in the same place. The front leading edge of the door on the 620 is rather curved while the 521 is straight up and down so that doesn't match and the 521 has a horizontal scallop running the vehicle length. Fender and door won't match here.

The kit you're looking at appears to be all fiberglass, so a skilled bodywork person would be able to cut it up and make it work as you want it too - but that's extra $$$

As others pointed out though - the bodylines don't exactly 'flow' as the 520/521 are more boxy as appeared to the more sleek sunny and 620 'bullet side' so it's going to be /even more money/ to get it to 'work' 

On 1/22/2023 at 1:33 PM, Prinz232 said:

Hello everyone, I’m able to recently buy a 521 and am hesitant because I love the 620 front and wanted to do a 620 Hakosuka front conversion. Could I technically be able to still do that conversion on a 521? New to Datsun Trucks so I apologize for ignorance…

He hasn't said he wants a GT-R Hakosuka to fit a 521. He has stated he loves the 620 front end (so why a GT-R Hakosuka conversion on something he doesn't have?) As I see it he likes the thought of a 620 front onto a 521. Could be wrong but if he wanted a GT-R Hakosuka on his 521 why bring up the 620 at all??

Anything can be done but like mentioned the 521 is a rectangular box while the 620 is flowing and curvy. I think it would be a lot of work blending these two styles together.