85 Nissan 720 4x4 2.4 Weber 32/36 Gasket change.

Thomas Perkins

Happy Sunday all. Great weather to be doing something to our 720's. Yesterday I took my Weber off and put 2 new gaskets on,the very bottom one was good.The top cover gasket was leaking.It had gas stains around it and was getting worse.I did this back in 11/11/21.The gaskets were worse back then.The inside of the Weber was real clean.I keep a bunch of gaskets on hand.I get mine from Carbs. Unlimited.Best prices on them.They are Redline parts.For some reason the middle big nut that holds the little gas filter leaks.I put a new nut and teflon tape on it and it still leaks,So I use black adhesive that I use on my valve cover half moon and screw holes and that works great.You will see in the picture.I also painted the power steering reservoir gloss black and the bracket by it lagoon,the same color I painted the new power steering pulley bracket awhile back,that is the color it was when this truck was made.

100_9692.jpg

100_9697.jpg

100_9694.jpg

100_9724.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll,when the top gaskets start leaking,it doesn't idle steady.Since I put the new gaskets on,it idles steady.The Weber carbs gasket don't last long.Here are the ones that I replaced in 11/21 .I have some material that we use at work that we call chipboard,I have some,it is thicker than the the top cover gaskets..The bottom gasket is thicker.I keep my 720 running top notch.Gas was coming down the carb..It keeps it running good.I have over 380,000 miles on my 720,...See what the Weber look's like from leaking gaskets.It's called up keep...

100_8941.jpg

100_8930.jpg

100_9730.jpg

100_9735.jpg

100_9737.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

I can't help it but I did some more tinkering after work today.Back in Feb.26,2012,I made a you tube video of my Weber,it now has 51,956 views.When I ran the wiring to the choke and idle cut off solenoid,I taped the wires with red and blue electrical tape,The same color as the wires,but I didn't have the red or blue wires so I used tape.We'll the heat from the engine messed the tape up so I removed it long ago.Today after work,I decided to change the wiring to red and blue.Not long ago,one of my  sheds 8 foot fluorescent light's ballast went bad and I put a new one in it.The ballast uses red and blue wiring,so I used that wiring for my choke and idle cut off solenoid.I never throw nothing away...The wire is a solid piece.Here are some pictures.I have a piece of that wire covering that I could hide the wire,I may do it.I put a blue dot of paint on the choke to tell that the blue wire  goes there.Also have a red dot on the idle cut off solenoid.

100_9740.jpg

100_9742.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ya'll,I found some wire loom that I took off my 720 years ago.I.forgot where I took it off of.It may have come from the old wiring from the stock carburetor.I now have used to it to cover my wiring on my choke and idle cut off solenoid wiring.That blue wire that is exposed goes to my new air condition compressor.I am going to buy some more wire loom and cover that wire up.It look's tacky.Jack should of done it when he installed the new heating and air.I will reroute the blue wire to the back of the engine to the compressor.

100_9746.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

Another thing to look out for on the Weber is the shaft bushings wear out. This will cause a vacuum leak and a rough idle. There used to be a kit that had ball bearings and lip seals that made the carb operate smoother. I installed one of those kits and it probably ran smooth for 15 years before I ditched the Napsz and went Kae. My Weber's are wall art now. Once I went fuel injected I am done with Weber's.

• Like 2

I have replaced my accell pump 2 years ago cause I bought a rebuild kit when I bought the Weber in 2016,paid 299.00 for it,they are real high now.and nothing was wrong with the old one,just put it in cause it was in the kit.I keep my engine wiped down very often.Dad raised us that way.Every other day I am checking under the hood.The right front of the Weber where you see the gasket sticking out.We'll, gas was seeping out,just like last time.It is idling great.