Hello I’m new to the forum here’s my 1972 Datsun 510 Waggon

7 minutes ago, Skib said:

Its one of a kind lol you can actually see an EDIS6 coil pack mounted to the intake there.

Im a sucker for the ol L motor, easy to work on, easy to modify or modernize and pretty bullet proof. 

Its also all well documented. 

Does he still have it? I just noticed the coil lol. That’s absolutely gorgeous.

It’s my first L motor but I remember the car running when I was a kid I Actually remember riding to church in the back seat of it. I cannot wait to hear it run again. I’ve been told they’ll last forever I don’t plan on beating on it so it definitely should last me forever lol. I’ve bought some really good internals for it so fingers crossed! 😁

Edited by Markimusprime56
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Markimusprime56 said:

Does he still have it? I just noticed the coil lol. That’s absolutely gorgeous.

Far as I know, last I heard he was re doing it and shooting for 1k HP

4 minutes ago, Markimusprime56 said:

Have you seen one of those Holley sniper efi kits on one of these before? I’ve been really eyeballing them this past week debating on making the jump..

I have on Z cars because there are 4 barrel manifolds for them, but its not really a first choice. 

Not because of the software side of it, 4 barrels just aren't fantastic choice for an L6 motor, esp when there are factory EFI manifolds.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Skib said:

But here is someone running the 2 barrel on an L4

I’m very much considering it. Getting to the age I’m over messing with carburetors and distributors lol plus my wife will be driving it.... sooo

0BE3E648-E7C7-43C2-B5FE-425C03623AD2.png

• 2 months later...

Well I didn’t want to have to make this post but here we are. My health is putting me in the position of having to sell the car along with a few other projects etc.. I’ll post the eBay listing once I make it. If I don’t get what I want I will part the car out or whatever. I want to thank you all for the hospitality and the help you all have given and God bless..

-Mark

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...