Fusable Link for 1986 nissan 720 4x4

Joecar

11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Ahhhh I saw 3 white and 1 black connectors and mistook that for the wire color.

Yeah red 50 amp, green 40 amp, black 80 amp That's all you need. Replace by color or by their rating.

Is there a place where i can get the wires? 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Joecar said:

Is there a place where i can get the wires? 

amazon. I just picked up two 40 amp. Another option is replace with slow blow maxi fuses. The modern equivalent to a fusible link. 

Just now, Draker said:

amazon. I just picked up two 40 amp. Another option is replace with slow blow maxi fuses. The modern equivalent to a fusible link. 

I say Amazon because local parts stores didn’t have the 40amp links. The others you can get at a parts store pretty easy.

19 minutes ago, Draker said:

I say Amazon because local parts stores didn’t have the 40amp links. The others you can get at a parts store pretty easy.

I cant find it on amazon. Could you link the wires that i need? Just red green and black

4 hours ago, Joecar said:

I cant find it on amazon. Could you link the wires that i need? Just red green and black

20gauge is 40amp. For the others reference the amps to color or gauge and search those out. 

Pico 5557PT 8" Universal 20 Gauge Fusible Link - Black 1 Per Package https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00030CZV4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_M00H3AAVW8CXVMXHEAFY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

53 minutes ago, Draker said:

20gauge is 40amp. For the others reference the amps to color or gauge and search those out. 

Pico 5557PT 8" Universal 20 Gauge Fusible Link - Black 1 Per Package https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00030CZV4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_M00H3AAVW8CXVMXHEAFY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

So 20 is 40 amps so does that mean 12 is 60?

17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Ahhhh I saw 3 white and 1 black connectors and mistook that for the wire color.

Yeah red 50 amp, green 40 amp, black 80 amp That's all you need. Replace by color or by their rating.

Is there a place thats sells them im co fised on what wires i should get 

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Ask for 40, 50 and 80 amp fusible links at NAPA. Rock Auto, Lordco, O'Rylieghs.... any auto parts place. 

I just went to O Reillys and they didnt have nothing. Im really confused what gauge wire i need. Does amazon have all 3 on their website?

I'm struggling to find a 50amp fusible link. Another option is to just normal wire and then add a slow blow maxi fuse like this in the middle:

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-FMX-50LP-MAXI-Profile-Female/dp/B006DD8YP6/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3UPBPL70A3MAH&keywords=Bussmann+FMX-50&qid=1649299055&s=automotive&sprefix=bussmann+fmx-50%2Cautomotive%2C191&sr=1-4

Easier to find replacements.

EB0C79A3-5474-411A-95B6-628CFC4C6DC2.jpg

1 minute ago, Draker said:

I'm struggling to find a 50amp fusible link. Another option is to just normal wire and then add a slow blow maxi fuse like this in the middle:

https://www.amazon.com/Bussmann-FMX-50LP-MAXI-Profile-Female/dp/B006DD8YP6/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3UPBPL70A3MAH&keywords=Bussmann+FMX-50&qid=1649299055&s=automotive&sprefix=bussmann+fmx-50%2Cautomotive%2C191&sr=1-4

Easier to find replacements.

EB0C79A3-5474-411A-95B6-628CFC4C6DC2.jpg

I would but i seem still comfused on how i can wire it

I got no idea all the parts necessary, but I'd guess it would be challenging sourcing the parts and probably expensive.  From my experience, finding TB/Electro Injection at the junkyard is not common.  I've seen just 1 in the 5-6 years of looking at every truck in SoCal at LKQ, via in person or their website.

Ebay won't be much more help.  You'll likely need the electro injection air cleaner and the TB. 

4x4's usually command a premium, so buying a donor truck, probably not cheap and again, not so many of them out there.

Just curious, being a California resident, how is it passing smog, assuming it does.  Maybe, the carb looks good enough to pass visuals, probably the hood stickers are no longer there?

If this is carburetor and you want 'electro injection' you would need a high pressure fuel pump,  a Z24 CAS (crank angle sensor) to replace the distributor and the oil pump/CAS drive spindle. You would need the fuel injection intake and the throttle body with all the sensors. Needs an O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold though this may still be there. Throttle cable is also probably different. You would need the EFI computer that is under the seat tough this might still be there.

1 hour ago, 720_Jeff said:

I got no idea all the parts necessary, but I'd guess it would be challenging sourcing the parts and probably expensive.  From my experience, finding TB/Electro Injection at the junkyard is not common.  I've seen just 1 in the 5-6 years of looking at every truck in SoCal at LKQ, via in person or their website.

Ebay won't be much more help.  You'll likely need the electro injection air cleaner and the TB. 

4x4's usually command a premium, so buying a donor truck, probably not cheap and again, not so many of them out there.

Just curious, being a California resident, how is it passing smog, assuming it does.  Maybe, the carb looks good enough to pass visuals, probably the hood stickers are no longer there?

Its been parked since 2016 so havent been smoged in awhile just wanting to rebuild it so i can daily it cause i love these trucks

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

If this is carburetor and you want 'electro injection' you would need a high pressure fuel pump,  a Z24 CAS (crank angle sensor) to replace the distributor and the oil pump/CAS drive spindle. You would need the fuel injection intake and the throttle body with all the sensors. Needs an O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold though this may still be there. Throttle cable is also probably different. You would need the EFI computer that is under the seat tough this might still be there.

Oh sho thats what it was underder the seat i thought it was a radio amp lol. Yeah the person who replaces it might have the old parts.

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Ask for 40, 50 and 80 amp fusible links at NAPA. Rock Auto, Lordco, O'Rylieghs.... any auto parts place. 

Also sorry to keep asking but is there the reccomended wires for the link on the internet i can buy? Im confused on which ones are the correct ones. 

Being California look into what it is going to take legally to get back on the road. The truck may be fixable but before you start throwing money at it check that registration and driving would be a reality. California would like nothing more than to see this truck get crushed.

7 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Too bad you are in California, if not you could just leave the carburetor on there. If you do decide to try and get this truck running I can hook you up with parts. I just converted a z24i to z24 so I have the high pressure fuel pump, intake manifold, crank angle sensor, and oil pump/CAS drive spindle from the z24i sitting on a shelf in my shop. I also have the throttle body but I think it was from a D21 and since California is so ridiculous with their vehicle laws I am not sure you could use it although the difference is so small I can't imaging anyone would notice.

Edit, I also have the charcoal canister if needed, the air intake, and the transistor/ignition coils.

Edited by powderfinger
2 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Being California look into what it is going to take legally to get back on the road. The truck may be fixable but before you start throwing money at it check that registration and driving would be a reality. California would like nothing more than to see this truck get crushed.

I still got plates and everything so im pretty sure its good and if not then ill preserve it somewhere