Rear glass seal

powderfinger

Has anyone used this site for the rubber seal around the windshield or rear glass? If so, any feedback on quality? I need to replace the rear window seal on my truck and the existing seals on each of my 720s are all in bad shape. Doesn't look there are too many places that sell these.

https://vintagerubber.com/datsun-720-pick-up-rear-glass-seal-cal-style-extended-king-cab-1980-1986/

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found that website also, but was willing to pull the trigger.  I found one on ebay two months ago in a sealed Nissan bag.  Haven't installed yet.

I don't think that all 720s came with the chrome trim in the seal.  My standard cab non-ST fresh off the lot had no chrome in the front or back.

When I got my 720 painted not long ago.They removed the rear window,for some reason the guy cut the the seal and the body shop caught hell finding a new one,which made me wait longer to get it back.I looked everywhere.People had the slider for sale but no seal.Mine is a 4x4.The body shop had a few sent to them till this one was the right one.They gave me the old seal that was cut and the old black body stripping.

100_8847.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins

That's the same truck I have but mine is an 86 ST model 4x4. I may call that company and see if their seal works on a sliding glass. I took the black plastic fenders flairs off of mine but may decide to put them back on at some point. I think I like the way it looks better without them though. I have the small chrome pieces that cover the edge of the fender wells on my 2wd ST model. I am considering taking those off that truck and putting them on the 4x4.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, olskool720 said:

I found that website also, but was willing to pull the trigger.  I found one on ebay two months ago in a sealed Nissan bag.  Haven't installed yet.

I don't think that all 720s came with the chrome trim in the seal.  My standard cab non-ST fresh off the lot had no chrome in the front or back. My 85 4x4 has chrome in the front.I took it to a glass shop long ago and it look's great.

Here’s a picture of the back rubber, the seal was soft and easy to install.

Not trying to hijack this thread but I’m looking for the seals for the rear vent windows for a king cab. 
All the ones I come across are weathered

I was looking at a Steele rubber seals catalog trying to figure out if I could make some.

6D94ED01-648D-4D8B-8DC0-77D65C99C82A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Thought I would post a follow up to this thread. I ended up purchasing the rear window seal for my 720 from these guys.  I had no problems with fitment and would certainly order from them again. I emailed them to see if they would consider reproducing the rear vent window seals for the king cab but I have had no response from them.

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2022 at 7:38 AM, 7twentyguy said:

Here’s a picture of the back rubber, the seal was soft and easy to install.

Not trying to hijack this thread but I’m looking for the seals for the rear vent windows for a king cab. 
All the ones I come across are weathered

I was looking at a Steele rubber seals catalog trying to figure out if I could make some.

6D94ED01-648D-4D8B-8DC0-77D65C99C82A.jpeg

https://vintagerubber.com/datsun-720-king-cab-side-window-seal-kit/

• 6 months later...

Is it for the slider or the whole window?I have a new one on mine.Mine is for a slider.Just took this picture.Mine was free.I still have the original one in my shed.I just looked at my old one and it looks the same as the one in your picture that you are ordering from.The paint shop put mine in.

20240303_153754.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1