clutch and trans questions

moparvwfreak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with my header it was a pain in the ass.. i had the pipe out of the way but the header was still a mother fucker.. did you replace your pilot bushing? lol.. i kept a pry bar handy when puttin the tranny back up under.. really helped to push it away from the exhaust.. also i found that when you initialy get it up under there its most easy to doit with the clutch fork facing down to the ground.. this is a pain in the ass job to do alone.. especialy if you get the tail of the tranny wedged in by where the shifter goes.. then it sits on top of one of the torsion bar bolts... that can REALLY suck.. also it took 2 people because my engine sat crooked an i had to with 1 arm force the header up an over so the engine was straight an with the other arm push up an guide the engine in while my friend pushed..

post pics man!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I had a header on my old 521... took the pass side torsion bar out. That did it!!!

thats just the chicken shit way about doin it... :fu:

what did you use on the top driver side bolt mopar? i used fairy dust on mine.. oh the lowerd the engine all the way down an scooted it forward lol.. but he really man it just depends on how u wanna doit... as long as the end result is its running and driving (like mine) its all good :D

its still not totally in but i will be working more on it in the next few days. it rally wasn't hard to pull it. just had to figure out the angles. thank god i have a short tail trans. the ONLY place i got hung up taking it out was the starter bulge. and even that if i rotated it just a few degrees, it came out like butter. i have the new clutch in place witht he new PP but i forgot to change the pilot bushing. gotta find my grease to do that. easy to deal with though. hell i think i have some in my grease gun even. nothing big to deal with. at least i dont have the trans installed yet.

OH one BIG question. the input shaft seal is leaking. i yanked the bolts to pull the front hcover and it wont come out. ideas on how to make it come off so i can replace the seal????

measure your transmissiono from the front of the bell to the rear and give me the measurement I have access to two 5 speeds, one makes a little noise in first the other makes a little in 5th, but i all i now is that they are both out of early 72 ish 240's which i have been told many times didnt come with 5 speeds but the guy knows his datto shit and swears to me that they are

measure your transmissiono from the front of the bell to the rear and give me the measurement I have access to two 5 speeds, one makes a little noise in first the other makes a little in 5th, but i all i now is that they are both out of early 72 ish 240's which i have been told many times didnt come with 5 speeds but the guy knows his datto shit and swears to me that they are

as far as i know its teh factory short tail transmission. i can measure it tomorrow when i am under buttoning things up. the only issue i have right now with putting a 5spd in is i would have to change my drive shaft length. unless its a dogleg out of a 200sx. but i will take the measurements anyway. and let ya know :D

Whats wrong???????????

Is it a adjustable slave? or just a rod.

Maybe the clutch wasnt bad in the first place??????

i now have NO pressure at all in the clutch system. i did before but it wasn't working at all.

as fro the slave its just a rod. non adjustable.

the clutch looked ok when i pulled it BUt i figured if i am this far i might as well just do it.

as it sits i will be throwing a new master in it soon enough and a new hose as well. might as well while the system is open right??

master is in. i now have a working clutch! YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! but now i get to pull the damn motor and drill out ONE freaking bolt for the damn alt bracket! its teh first one. the stupid one right at teh front of the block. not enough room to get a tap in there let alone a drill. oh and BOTH lower bolts for the alt decided to go AWOL on me. the front one stripped hence why i was pulling the bracket. if its not one thing its another.

"One thing...or another...." Wasn't that a Pat Benetar song? :lol:

smartass! :lol: well i still have some adjusting to the master BUT it drives great. and none to soon either. as of midnight the tabs on my Pathfinder are dead and my rabbit truck is running worse than dog ass so..... i needed my truck :D as said i still have some things to adjust but so far shes running top notch. i REALLY need to get my EI dizzy dealt with.

Got those highway blues, cant you hear my motor runnin

Flyin down the road with my foot on the floor

All the way in town they can hear me comin

Dattos about to drop, she wont do no more

And I smell my motor burnin

Underneath the hood is smoke

Cant stop, and I cant stop

Got to keep on movin or Ill lose my mind

Oh, rockin down the highway

Oh, rockin down the highway..... Doobie Brothers (apologies to Ford)