AM/FM Radio Help

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wilder99 said:

Anyone know what Datsun this AM/FM Radio is made for or Fits In? 

DATSUN Accessory, NOS (Radio only, no knobs)

Part No. 99993-A0119

Car Radio A-1682A

Itegrated Circuit

Only place that number (99993-0119) shows up is as an unknown radio, maybe 1200. But the number doesn't match both types:

99993-00132 Hitachi AM/FM Radio model A-1681

99993-00119 Hitachi AM/FM Radio model A-1581

http://www.datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Radio

Years ago (and buddy I mean years) Missus Kelmo's dad bought his wife a B210 hatchback (neither of us are sure as to what year it was). At the same time, he bought the accessory AM/FM radio....and promptly put it in his closet and forgot about it. After he passed (I think 2006) said radio was found in the closet and handed to me...still in the box. My memory is that it had the antenna lead, and the two other leads but not the "T" connector nor the inline fuse. Mind you, I could be wrong...it happens alot.

I said all that to say this; I am fairly certain that box is around here somewhere and should have the part # on it. Also, said radio is installed in the grey coupe so I will try to investigate the wire set up. No, I am not going to pull the dash out so pppppfffffttt.

• Like 1

OK, well a quick look for the box produced nothing and will take some serious digging so don't hold yer breath.

I did, however, crawl my fat old ass under the dash and the wiring is much the same along with the inline fuse (see, I WAS wrong). Looked like mostly the same except all wires come out of the back of the radio including the antenna connector. The red wires have bullet connectors instead of a "T" connector.

The search for the original box may be as successful as finding a set of chicken lips as the radio was installed two houses ago.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:56 AM, MikeRL411 said:

If you look, the spacing is adjustable.

Yes, and the holes on the 1200 dash are very oblong so it is very much not an exact measurement. I suspect the majority of these were built by Hitachi for several applications and just some minor differences for brands.

I'll try to get out to the shop and get a measure later for the 1200 and post it here. 

• Like 1