510 Wagon Performance Leaf Spring Lowering Kit Fit a B210?

Zeek90

Hello, i was wondering since 510 parts are pretty much interchangeable with B210s, I noticed T3 came out with a 510 Wagon Performance Leaf Spring Lowering Kit. Comes with leaf springs and lowering blocks. Now since my stock b210s leafs spring are crappy an old, would these by any chance be the same fit an work on a B210 rear end? Thanks

354DBD67-31F3-466D-B4B6-717476A1A23F.jpeg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't answer anything about a B210,  but I would have info on current spring rates and what you might be looking for available or understood if you ask T3.  There has been discussion on other 510 sites about how these springs may be 225 lb/in rating, with about 130 lb/in being stock.  I have no personal experience as I do not have a wagon.  

Edited by iceman510
correction

Huh, good question actually. Gut feeling is they might but T3 would likely know.

Of course you can always MAKE them fit but that gets into the weeds real fast.

Had to move some stuff around last night and just took a few rough measurements

length from end to end is right at 48"

the width of the spring is 2 3/8 "

Mind you, I said rough measurements. This will give you some what of an idea for sizing. These seem larger than the springs on my 1200 which I would think would be closer to the B210 than a 510 wagon.

Center of eyelet to center of eyelet along the curve??? 48" is 1220mm. Datsun trucks are 1200mm long, all are 6cm or 2.4" wide but vary in thicknesses. By mixing and matching thicknesses you can set the min and max rate.

What about the axle center line??? You may find a spring but if the axle is 4" farther forward it isn't going to work.

The spring rate increases as the load is added so for the 620 truck it's 106 lb/in. to start and increases to 308 lb/in. The same would be true of the wagon.

On 7/13/2021 at 7:29 AM, iceman510 said:

I can't answer anything about a B210,  but I would have info on current spring rates and what you might be looking for available or understood if you ask T3.  There has been discussion on other 510 sites about how these springs may be 225 lb/in rating, with about 130 lb/in being stock.  I have no personal experience as I do not have a wagon.  

The rating above... is it the initial or the end spring rate????

On my 710 wagon I took one of the thinner leaves out and because I had an extra set, doubled up on the third leaf down to stiffen the pack yet not increase the arch.

39 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The spring rate increases as the load is added so for the 620 truck it's 106 lb/in. to start and increases to 308 lb/in. The same would be true of the wagon.

The rating above... is it the initial or the end spring rate????

I don't really know, as I just borrowed info from a Bluebirds list discussion.  Given the other numbers you are providing, seems like it would be the initial rating.  Does seem a bit odd the 510 wagon would be higher that a 620 truck, so maybe not the initial.

Not really an expert on leaf springs, so just providing some data points.