coolant hoses for my 521

does anyone have a good source for coolant hoses for my 521. i can get upper and lower radiator hoses from O'Reilly's  but no matter what search strings i use i cant seem to come up with a source(s) for the smaller molded heater and bypass hoses.  any source information appreciated (I havnt contacted the local nissan dealer, yet) 

Thanks

DH

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They’re NLA. You won’t find any unless NOS items pop up on eBay or the classifieds on here. 

There’s a way that you can make you own by cutting a stock Gates hose. You buy 2 of the same hose, and cut each one differently to make the 2 hoses that you need.

• Like 1

Measure and sketch out what you need and take your sketch and a tape measure and find a parts store that will let you go back and rummage around in their stock. Mind your manners and put everything back exactly where you got it and piece your own hoses together from parts of existing hoses. Use short pieces of tubing and clamps to piece it all together. This PCV hose for a 320 pickup was made from two moulded hoses. Sometimes you get lucky and you can find a hose and cut what you need out of one hose. Develop a good relation with a parts store and you're home free on future projects. I've done several hoses for the 320 and heater hoses for the 620 this way.

PCV-Lower-Hose.jpg

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 1

The 510 ones will NOT work  bigger hole and the S  shaped one is to long

the long hose from fire wall to the inout of the block under the water pump one can most likely use a Generic hose that fits.

The S shaped hose is not avail anymore but soemone had a Toyota replacement hose that one can cut the section off and use it. its here somewhere.

I have gone thru 2 sets already. Wish I bought more when they was avail. Maybe ebay?

here the parts numbers if soembody has them Nissan

B7021-B2000  Long heater hose

B7020-B2000  short S shaped hose to head

Toyota part cut the section out to make S shape

2002 Tundra

Gates 18457

heres a 521  S shape

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=datsun+521+heater+hose&_sacat=0

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

See my hose build entry in the "how to" section.  Several years old but has part numbers etc. for build instructions for the preformed hoses on the RL411.  Not the same but use your imagination and you can fit the 521.  Standard parts and a little careful cutting.

10 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

The 510 ones will NOT work  bigger hole and the S  shaped one is to long

the long hose from fire wall to the inout of the block under the water pump one can most likely use a Generic hose that fits.

The S shaped hose is not avail anymore but soemone had a Toyota replacement hose that one can cut the section off and use it. its here somewhere.

I have gone thru 2 sets already. Wish I bought more when they was avail. Maybe ebay?

here the parts numbers if soembody has them Nissan

B7021-B2000  Long heater hose

B7020-B2000  short S shaped hose to head

Toyota part cut the section out to make S shape

2002 Tundra

Gates 18457

heres a 521  S shape

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=datsun+521+heater+hose&_sacat=0

I searched radiator hoses, good call on heater hoses.duh

• Like 1