Help Identifying This Parts - 1984 Nissan 720 Sunrader RV

bluexl

OK, I will stand corrected. 

Legit picking label (the white one) with dealer code and all.

Now I have to call my factory rep and ask him WTF.

Very glad to see you got OEM.

• Like 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, KELMO said:

OK, I will stand corrected. 

Legit picking label (the white one) with dealer code and all.

Now I have to call my factory rep and ask him WTF.

Very glad to see you got OEM.

I appreciate the message of using caution when ordering parts. Glad it worked out this time. I will post an image to the Amazon site so others are aware.

• Like 1

One other thing to note; On the label it indicates that these were a "VOR" order which means they paid freight to get them from Nissan.

Did they whack you on freight?

• Like 1

51034114443_351b3d36b6_c.jpg

I see the rubber ones are necked down or pleated like an accordion to allow the torsion bar to move up and down with the LCA motion. They are also thicker because they will compress when tightened. I don't see that happening nearly as much with the firmer poly ones.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, KELMO said:

One other thing to note; On the label it indicates that these were a "VOR" order which means they paid freight to get them from Nissan.

Did they whack you on freight?

They were $12.39 each with free shipping on Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

You got lucky.  Kelmo's concerns are still valid. If you read that seller's detailed reviews there are a lot of bad reviews from buyers not receiving oem parts.  Buying "new" parts from Amazon or ebay is hit or miss at best unless you pay close attention, and then you still take a risk sometimes.

Did you order all 4 or just 2?

• Like 1

To add to my rant about the unlikelihood of OEM actually BEING OEM, there is also the ease of manufacturing counterfeit labels and packaging including Nissan Parts. Just because is says Nissan on it doesn't mean that it is. Amazon/e-Bay is a vast clearing house of crap parts. If your part was actually OEM why does it fail in two years?????

• Like 1
6 hours ago, thisismatt said:

You got lucky.  Kelmo's concerns are still valid. If you read that seller's detailed reviews there are a lot of bad reviews from buyers not receiving oem parts.  Buying "new" parts from Amazon or ebay is hit or miss at best unless you pay close attention, and then you still take a risk sometimes.

Did you order all 4 or just 2?

I got all 4.

• Thanks 1