New to the family. Many questions. 1983 with Z24 2WD

MGTS

Well I see that whatever is supposed to toggle the clutch switch is missing. How often should I replace the O2 sensor? Where is the water temp sensor, and where is the temp gauge sensor. I want to make sure those are pugged in. The temp on the dash hasn't been working. Yea secondary is always bigger. I know that much from doing my Land Cruiser carb

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Temp gauge sender is just below the thermostat on the intake and has a single Yellow/Black strip wire to it.

The temp sensor is listed as being on the intake, which doesn't help much. Look near the gauge sender, it will have a plastic end and a plastic plug in with two wires..

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MGTS said:

Is this the speed sensor? I can't make sense of how it works
L9fZ7VS.jpg

I removed mine and if I remember correctly there is one I believe for 60,000 mile for something else.

• 2 weeks later...

The 720 is sold as a complete driveshaft assy for $900. The trans spline and transmission seals are all the same so any spline will work. I could only find the 521, 510, Roadster, 240/260/280z, 610/710 listed. Some like the B-210 are non serviceable U joints and don't come apart. (easily) The Nissan part is 37111-14600 about $70 (I think this is in Canadian $)

Best bet is a want ad for a used one...  https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... 620 should work or 720 if you can find one but not the 4x4.

• Like 1

Check Napa or a good drive shaft shop for a repair sleeve.  Last option would be have a machine shop weld it up and then turn it to spec.  Be like a new one.  Used to do this for my 50 Willys truck it ate front yokes.