New to the family. Many questions. 1983 with Z24 2WD

MGTS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok removed the janky trailer wiring. Not the issue. Swapped the hazard and turn signal relay. The turn is faulty. I also noticed that now the fuel pump relay doesn't kick on until 10 seconds into the video, and it's momentarily turned off when I activate the turn signals. Volume all the way up. It's rather quiet

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Are these trucks naturally light in the front end? I just got an alignment done and it still wants to wander all over the place at the slightest gust of wind. Is there a bolt on steering damper I can get?

• Like 1

Do you have the alignments specs after they aligned it?  Post those and we may be able to make suggestions to get it more stable.  

I doubt you will find a 720 specific steering damper, but a universal kit should useable anyway.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, MGTS said:

Are these trucks naturally light in the front end? I just got an alignment done and it still wants to wander all over the place at the slightest gust of wind. Is there a bolt on steering damper I can get?

No front engine vehicle is light in the front.

I assume if it was aligned they pronounce the front end in good shape??

Swap the front tires to the rear. See if it steers from the rear after.

Are all tires the same brand and size???

How are the shocks? Look at them. Any leaking? Are they original, do you think? If so they are well past needing replacement. Loosen the top off and compress and extend them. If you can do this with ease then they are toast.

• Like 1

It's behaving the same as before the alignment. All the shocks are toast. Front tires are the same and have the same amount of wear, rear are new as the old ones were 10 years old and getting pretty bald

• Like 1

The alignment shop should give you a before and after alignment specs. You didn’t mention replacing any of the tie rods, but if any were bad, they should have told you before trying to align it. I agree that you need to replace the shocks anyway.

• Like 1