Carb wrench

AlexDeLarge

I have read about bending and cutting wrenches and so on, but was wondering if any of the 3 specialty tools pictured would work and which would be the best to get? 2 of

them are box end, so a little confused since everything I've read says use open end. Last one pictured is listed as specifically for Datsun L series 73-77.

I have a genuine 32/36 I am going to attempt to put on my L18 and am hoping , since I am a newb at this type of mechanic work, that I can pair up with a expert here to 

pm back and forth for tips and help with any problems I run into.Thanks for any input.

31caqf1sikL._AC_.jpg.6dfd90c88b7837de98801daf49446565.jpgSnap-On-12Mm-Open-End-Distributor-Service-Wrench.jpg.11d17d128ca712a0d2e7d7c635bc3edc.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.af8bb07ecd8268d6b746ee6e53b1c69d.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I have looked at all the threads and seen your pictures, but I don't have a vise, a torch, or grinder and can buy one of the wrenches I listed pretty cheap.

Was just looking for a opinion for what you guys think would work best out of those 3 options. Thanks 

Hell, eff it. I loosened all 4 of those bolts in about 5 minutes with a short thin 12mm open ended wrench I had laying in my toolbox. I think it came with something, like some

furniture or some other shit you have to assemble. I will mess with it more tomorrow when I have more light, I just went out there to look at those bolts and for shits and giggles

thought I would mess with them. Got the front drivers side all the way loose and was able to turn the others a little, so I figure with a little East Tennessee cussing they will come off.

The real fun will begin when I do get it off and try to install the Weber because I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.😁

21 hours ago, AlexDeLarge said:

Yeah, I have looked at all the threads and seen your pictures, but I don't have a vise, a torch, or grinder and can buy one of the wrenches I listed pretty cheap.

Was just looking for a opinion for what you guys think would work best out of those 3 options. Thanks 

You need to get a vise, a torch and a grinder.

I bent my own wrench a very long time ago and I still use it to this day.

Yeah, I know dude. Other shit I need....torque wrench, dwell tachometer, multimeter, big floor jack, sense.....

Unfortunately, I got interested in mechanical work a little late... (I'm 48) so there is a lot of stuff I need to acquire. 

Edited by AlexDeLarge