3 hours ago, paradime said:

Also see PTSD: symptoms include: projecting one's own anxious internal state of being onto others; such as shifting their own symptoms of TDS onto liberals. 

Ah yes.  Pre-Traumatic Stress Disorder.  

said in jest as I don’t actually have much confidence in the outcome of the public vote.  But the house vote seems more predictable.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

So just a quick break from the 2 cocksuckers running for pres. At 53 I am healthy and really had 0 experience with the Healthcare system until a couple of months ago when an elderly relative hurt themselves and I was thrown into the mix. Short story relative went in the hospital after falling off a ladder. Things slowly went downhill until he called a friend that was on  the board of directors another hospital. He got transferred and given top notch care. Wonderful! But the realization hit that if he did not have the friend and money he would have been destined to die. I am glad he is on the road to recovery but anyone off the street would have a totally different outcome. This is a whole new world to me that I didn't know existed but Man our healthcare system is corrupt and seriously fucked up. My wife and I pay for our insurance through my work. They take the money just fine but my wife tries to make a claIn. DENIED@

You are not wrong

7 hours ago, frankendat said:

I saw that water filter idea on Youtube, but haven't tried it. The expensive Russian Vodka is very smooth with a bit at the end that will make you exhale quickly (not the Russians,  they drink it like water) American "high dollar" (to me, stuff over $100 a bottle, old $100, my internal money understanding has not grasp the weakness of the dollar. One reason why everything and I mean everything seems crazy expensive. $100k for a new truck. My wife took her car in to have the AC fixed $2k. Filling up my truck is always over $100 and I do not have any special doublecab double tank dully monster, simple Ram 1500. ) The aforementioned have been price climbing and "too much" for a good number of years, but in the last few, they have reached "too damn much" and have entered  "Are you out your fucking mind?" prices. 

Anyway, the American high dollar vodka is two face, sorta smooth but you scrunch up your face, when it first passes the lips, only for a second and then relax your face for the quick exhale. The American low dollar Vodka is all face scrunch, normal or cut off exhale. The more expensive the Vodka, the less face scrunch, the more face relax deep the exhale.

I should publish this, The Idaho Vodka Quality Scale. The three tiered system for Vodka evaluation: face scrunch, exhale, and price (included in price will be proof) I recommend 100 proof Vodka over lesser, as the cost differential is almost always less than the proof differential.  

The only thing I'll spend stupid money on is Scotch. The most I'll spend on a bottle of gin is $35 for a liter of standard top shelf stuff. Usually stick to Kirkland's because it's 10 bucks cheeper and just as good. I stopped drinking vodka when I was a kid after downing too many gimlets on an empty stomach. One sip now and I skip the scrunch phase and go straight to the wretch phase. In my experience, tequila has the most linear return on investment. 

As for today's truck price issue, you can get a  2025 Ram 1500 Ramcharger plug-in-hybrid for $60K, fully option with blow job assist for $78K. It has a 663-hp all-wheel-drive powertrain, with a V-6 spinning a generator as a backup (like the Chevy Volt platform) 0-60 in 4.48 sec, 15,000 lb tow capacity, goes 690 miles on a full tank of gas, and 25.5 MPG total with a full charge. Might be crazy modern voodoo shit, but that my friend is some serious bang for the buck truck right there.

Or you can get a $110K cybertruck and impress all you liberal friends. 🙃

• Like 1
11 hours ago, frankendat said:

I saw that water filter idea on Youtube, but haven't tried it. The expensive Russian Vodka is very smooth with a bit at the end that will make you exhale quickly (not the Russians,  they drink it like water) American "high dollar" (to me, stuff over $100 a bottle, old $100, my internal money understanding has not grasp the weakness of the dollar. One reason why everything and I mean everything seems crazy expensive. $100k for a new truck. My wife took her car in to have the AC fixed $2k. Filling up my truck is always over $100 and I do not have any special doublecab double tank dully monster, simple Ram 1500. ) The aforementioned have been price climbing and "too much" for a good number of years, but in the last few, they have reached "too damn much" and have entered  "Are you out your fucking mind?" prices. 

Anyway, the American high dollar vodka is two face, sorta smooth but you scrunch up your face, when it first passes the lips, only for a second and then relax your face for the quick exhale. The American low dollar Vodka is all face scrunch, normal or cut off exhale. The more expensive the Vodka, the less face scrunch, the more face relax deep the exhale.

I should publish this, The Idaho Vodka Quality Scale. The three tiered system for Vodka evaluation: face scrunch, exhale, and price (included in price will be proof) I recommend 100 proof Vodka over lesser, as the cost differential is almost always less than the proof differential.  

To me all hard liquor tastes like shit. I can't tell the difference between a high end whiskey or a cheap one. The one hard liquor I could tell a difference with was Tequila. Cheap Jose Cuervo is nasty stuff. I ended up with a bottle of some high end stuff that was very smooth,  maybe Patron ? Liquor isn't my thing. I like real beer. LOL. Coors light or Keystone light. None of that fake trendy crap that tastes like a skunk just sprayed the bottle. The IPA fad is something I don't get. Why drink things that taste like shit ? Most of that stuff is down right nasty and very expensive. 

• Like 1

Learned at a younger age that to dislike a liquor all you had to do was over drink it and vomit it out through your nose. Went through most of them and switched to beer. One day on impulse I tried To-kill-ya and was surprised that it actually tasted pretty good and should never be watered down with anything but taken neet. I didn't drink it much but wouldn't say no to it. I quit drinking over twenty years ago, too much work, time and expense to keep the habit up, maybe I just grew up, grew out of it or simply left it behind me. The last time I had a drink was a beer on an old friend's porch doing what old friends do. Talking about the good 'ol days. That was 12 years ago. 

• Like 1

I'll have a martini maybe 3 or 4 nights a week, or a beer with a buddy on occasion. Just a way to clean off the grime and relax. On my Bday in March, I got a bottle of Lagavulin 16 yr old scotch and still have half of it in the cupboard. Only for special occasions. I haven't gotten a proper swerve on in over 25 years. The feeling isn't enjoyable in the moment, and definitely not the after math. Not into weed cuz stupid comes naturally for me. 

• Like 2

BTW, on Sunday I'm going on a 9 day road trip back to Iowa with my Dad and brother. We're visiting my uncle who's in the final stages of leukemia. A long battle, but the VA has taken good care of him, so he's at home with his family and in no pain. All's well that ends well I suppose. Distraction will only have to put up with my shit for a few more hours. Then you'll be without pragmatic supervision, so be good for goodness sake. Who knows, if you're lucky I'll come back a Trump supporter.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Distraction? lol. Sad to hear about the seriousness of your trip.

1 hour ago, paradime said:

I'll have a martini maybe 3 or 4 nights a week, or a beer with a buddy on occasion. Just a way to clean off the grime and relax. On my Bday in March, I got a bottle of Lagavulin 16 yr old scotch and still have half of it in the cupboard. Only for special occasions. I haven't gotten a proper swerve on in over 25 years. The feeling isn't enjoyable in the moment, and definitely not the after math. Not into weed cuz stupid comes naturally for me. 

All I have to do is stand up suddenly or swivel my head around to get that effect. I was never good with hangovers. Well drinking leads to stupid also so I bake my own brownies. That's something for 7PM 'If your day is done and you want a ride on' or maybe... 'If you wanna get down, down on the ground"

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, paradime said:

BTW, on Sunday I'm going on a 9 day road trip back to Iowa with my Dad and brother. We're visiting my uncle who's in the final stages of leukemia. A long battle, but the VA has taken good care of him, so he's at home with his family and in no pain. All's well that ends well I suppose. Distraction will only have to put up with my shit for a few more hours. Then you'll be without pragmatic supervision, so be good for goodness sake. Who knows, if you're lucky I'll come back a Trump supporter.

Make sure to remove your Harris-Walz stickers from the bumpers. LOL. You're driving through some red states and you don't want any trouble.

• Haha 1

Martini's actually aren't too bad made with Gin. I like that Vermouth and olive taste even though it smells like cheap cologne. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, john510 said:

Make sure to remove your Harris-Walz stickers from the bumpers. LOL. You're driving through some red states and you don't want any trouble.

shopping.webp.53675da5adbd137e2aabe518f45fbfde.webp   shopping.webp.78f2bd7ea7b26ffcd8eef7df974e9b30.webp  shopping.webp.99def53f12b252d80623c9b98a2b149e.webp

image.jpeg.dd9ff1e4dd6c6c67273393653edc9afb.jpeg

• Haha 1

Well fuck me running. I got a call from my brother, and his newly (as of 2 days ago) X girl (now just) friend tested pos for CVid this morning. Not the kind of gift we want to bring. So tossing the best laid plans and working on a plan B for now. All this grime and it's still an hour a 1/2 until martini time. The olives will have to wait. 🤢 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1