TDI swap on datsun 510

Hey everyone. So with having the rebuild on the floor and rockers planned out and parts found im not moving onto what engine to put in it. Being also a VW fan, i am thinking of trying to install a TDI 1.9l. Been trying to find conversion kits and tip and doesnt seem like anyone has done it before. Any input would be nice.

Ive started looking at other swaps for nissan 200sx and 240 sx and so on to see if i can use current existing conversions. 

Any input and advice with be appreciated. Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t say I’ve seen that swap done. Seems like most tdi engines are fwd so I’d think that might be the first hurdle? Correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t know much about vw’s. Although I did own a golf tdi for about 4 years and then dieselgate made the buy back too appealing and away it went.

I swear I remember someone talking about swapping in an Audi/VW engine... I think it might have been heywier427 but I could be mistaken... looks like he hasn't been on in a while either. 

Im all for doing things to be different --- like carbs on a twin cam KA --- but also fully on board with keeping it "in the family" and not creating unneeded complications and work... KAs, SRs, CAs, FJs, are all documented swaps that are pretty straight forward and tried and true. 

Your definitely not going to find a swap "kit" for an Audi engine into a Datsun... there just isnt the market for it.... 

Well, even if somebody else DID a TDI swap, there surely wouldn't be a kit available.  Only "kits" on the market I've seen are for the most popular swaps ie KA, SR from a couple USA suppliers ie CX Racing& a CA kit out of Australia.  I like the idea!  Have a VW buddy in Michigan that has done TDI swaps in non-TDI VW's & the Audi TT's................

• 2 weeks later...