NWDE site

NWDE is DOWN. Last two days couldn't access it. Hope they pay the bill and keep going but I guess it's just a matter of time....(she was my first)

_____________________ http://upwardinfinity.com/ggzillawde/archive/ _______________________________

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be tough little backaroo. Take comfort in knowing we will be here for you. :blink:

NWDE got kinda lonely didn't it? I don't get the politics of the whole thing, but it doesn't really matter.

What aboot...:D...the 620 site, is it still rollin?

We are all here together, talkin about how we are all here. :lol: I know I would not want to be anywhere else, except where ever I may go.

Hahaha..almost sounds like a Phatdave joke or sumthin. :blink:

Yes the 620 site is still up thanks to Mike: http://www.olddatsuns.com/ :D

Between age and frequency I doubt Dave remembers the first time. Just as well, the first time it was the girl cryin' and saying 'It's too big!!!" now it's him.:lol:

Mickey Rourke (Harley) to Don Johnson (Marlborough): Y' know Marlborough, I lost my cherry to a fat girl, in a room just like this."

• 2 months later...
? She left the door open ?

She was my first also.

I am just happy that some of the information is still available.

I also discovered a back door way into ODPL. :D

First....bookmark this page:

http://www.olddatsunpickuplovers.com/view_user.php?list=1

log in like normal. It will take you to NICO but that is ok. Just click on the above URL again and you should see the old board. ;)

Let me know if that works for you. What ever you do, do not click on the HOME button. It will take you back to NICO. Just browse your watched topics to navigate.

Edited by Phlebmaster

As the 2009 President of NWDE, it's simple....

• The hosting company lumped all the forums (not just NWDE) using MS Access databases onto a single server or two, making a bad situation worse. PITA trying to connect, login, run a search, etc.

• Almost no one in NWDE used the forums, and NWDE is paying the bill.

• The NWDE forums pretty much died as most folks migrated to Ratsun or whatever.

We (i.e. NWDE) will eventually have a redesigned site with a handful of pages, but there are no plans to run a forum or mailing list. There's really no need as Ratsun, the510realm, 311s.org, The620, Old Datsun Pickup Lovers, etc. already provide that service.

Yes, the forums are still up and running in the background, but no idea how long. Folks cannot login nor create new accounts. It's read-only.

I -HIGHLY- suggest moving/copying anything of value off at your earliest convenience.

As the 2009 President of NWDE, it's simple....

• The hosting company lumped all the forums (not just NWDE) using MS Access databases onto a single server or two, making a bad situation worse. PITA trying to connect, login, run a search, etc.

• Almost no one in NWDE used the forums, and NWDE is paying the bill.

• The NWDE forums pretty much died as most folks migrated to Ratsun or whatever.

We (i.e. NWDE) will eventually have a redesigned site with a handful of pages, but there are no plans to run a forum or mailing list. There's really no need as Ratsun, the510realm, 311s.org, The620, Old Datsun Pickup Lovers, etc. already provide that service.

Yes, the forums are still up and running in the background, but no idea how long. Folks cannot login nor create new accounts. It's read-only.

I -HIGHLY- suggest moving/copying anything of value off at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for the information. I was thinking about the info on the site....how can it be copied or moved?

Leaving the "Back door" open wasn't something I'd planned, but at the time I couldn't log in to the Admin section to shut the board off because of the server overloading problem. I was getting several emails a week from folks who couldn't log on, didn't get their registration emails, etc and it was time to let it go but as I couldn't log in to shut it down I just edited the redirect page to the "Closed" message.

I could have just as easily deleted the whole thing.

Thanks for the information. I was thinking about the info on the site....how can it be copied or moved?

Copy/paste is all I can suggest at this time.

I recently gained admin access, but haven't taken time to try to download the site (I think it's around 800MB) to my computer to see if it's possible to extract information. Remodeling, getting my Datsuns on the road, and sparking some life into NWDE are higher priorities.

What I've done is:

Copy and paste the relevant text from a thread to a word.doc or a .txt file.

Save the pic's to my hard drive.

Upload the pics to photobucket.

Copy and paste the text to a new post bracket with

's to make sure the origonal poster is recognized.

Then paste in the links from photobucket.

I've done a few of these for the FAQ, but mostly of my stuff and a few of other peeps here and there as I found them in searches/browsing. It's abit of work, but turned out pretty well.

If any of you find some good info on 620's, send your documents and pics to me. I'll put them on BleachGarage.com

I may go in there too and see what I can remove.

"quick transmission swap, new clutch, swap axels, new shocks, suspension drop, new sound system and every other little detail I've been meaning to do for years to this truck, and then get the truck stolen" thread. :D