Washer fluid

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plastic fluid line goes into the fender through an oval hole behind the washer bottle, then comes out another oval hole just to the rear of the strut tower. Then goes across the firewall along with the wiring harness to the two nozzles. There is a plastic "T" below the first nozzle.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rosso said:

Plastic fluid line goes into the fender through an oval hole behind the washer bottle, then comes out another oval hole just to the rear of the strut tower. Then goes across the firewall along with the wiring harness to the two nozzles. There is a plastic "T" below the first nozzle.

Thanks.  Everything is missing. I will have to looks for the nozzles  

Those nozzles are about as rare as chicken lips. They might have used something similar on a B210, just can't remember for sure. I just remember snagging a set in the past but the only thing I can remember was thinking "hey, this ain't a 510".

Horn locations are just behind the headlights - there is a left and right horn and they mount with two screws but I replaced the rusted screws with new bolts.

Driver side, one green wire:

33763842128_43e889695f_z.jpg

Passenger side, two green wires in one connector:

48391315632_2697e5c2e4_z.jpg

replacements for screws

47983527522_6139b0cde2_w.jpg

why you don't want to use screws:

'46377245951_2cd96a503a_w.jpg

once rusted they are awful to get out !!

For your washer nozzles, put an ad in the ratsun.net classifieds - there are tons of guys out there with extra cars and parts. I have had very good luck with getting parts that way.

• Like 1
On 5/2/2020 at 4:51 PM, datzenmike said:

C12_0606_07z-1973_datsun_510-engine.jpg?

Left inner fender about a foot behind the low beam headlamp for the washer..

How does the bottle mount to the car? I don’t see a mount or anywhere to attache it to on my car. 

My bottle and pump were there, but the pump was knackered. I dodged up a new pump. One of the nozzles is a little blocked too, but it'll do for rego.

P.s. when I saw washer fluid, I just thought headlight fluid and muffler bearings. So make sure you sort them too. 😄