510 front end alignment

Im at the point where i can take my baby in for a front end alignment. But i dont wanna take her into just any ole shop. Im particular about who wrenches on her. Im the only fuck up thats allowed to fuck her up. For the most part. Anywho, i digress. I need a reputable shop in the San Francisco bay area. Besides ermish. I dont have that kind of $$. Im actually in vacaville for those who are familiar with the area. Thanks..

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took mine to LesSchwab

they have digital instruments now and it’s fine and give a print out of camber ect...

was fine

slamed down car

My 521 I did with a tape measure with like 1/8 -1/4 tie in I think I did.tires have been fine for like 3 yrs and no abnormal wear

take to LeaSchwab it’s fine or Firestone tire shop.510s ez to adjust.its nothing special.

i tried to do the 510 myself but it was a lot lower and no bumps stop spacers under the strut the movement from jacking up the car to dropping back down actually was too much to adjust out or compensate for me removing the Jack ect...best to have on lift then adjust toe in/out right on the spot with tires on the ground car loaded

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1

Tbh i thought about doing it myself, but id like to have it professionally done. We'll see. I still have a few days or so til im in the position to pull that pin, but ill consider it. Ive seen it done, and i understand the concept. I just have a very small garage to work out of..

After replacing the steering stuff and ball joints i did mine with a straight edge, tape measure and string like Mike says.i was just trying to get close enough to be able to drive it to the alignment place.It was so close they didn't even adjust it or even charge me to check it.Any decent shop can do a 510.

• Like 1

You can even line a front wheel outer tire edges with a rear one using the steering wheel then look at the opposite side. If you can't see a difference it's good enough to drive. If pointing out I would adjust it in. Then have it aligned or do it yourself.

On my 710 it's between 4 and 6mm toe in or 0.15" to 0.23" almost 1/4". That's the difference between measuring across the rear and front of the tire tread. I used the rim edge and set at 0.2. Then moved the car and repeated the measuring.