Looking for Holley 2300 carb adapter for L20B

Doobie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Doobie said:

I have a 77 620 and I would like to install a Holley sniper efi set up but the bolt patterns are different , I was wondering if anyone knew of an adapter to go from the stock hitachi carb to the Holley 2300 flange 

That will be cool. You better post up some pics.

20 hours ago, Doobie said:

I have a 77 620 and I would like to install a Holley sniper efi set up but the bolt patterns are different , I was wondering if anyone knew of an adapter to go from the stock hitachi carb to the Holley 2300 flange 

There I someone who just did that in his  510.... there was no adaptor available it has to be made....

You just need a small piece of flat aluminum the old gasket for the intake spacing and the sniper efi supplies you with a template for their spacing....

If the guy that did it doesnt see this post I'll try to link his build thread.....

He just got it working a couple weeks ago....

On 1/30/2020 at 3:00 PM, Doobie said:

Hey this is that guy crash is talking about. I am almost 100 percent positive there are no adapters to be found. I found one that was similar, but wasnt sure it was gonna work. So i built my own out of 5/8 aluminum. Did all the work me self. It wasnt bad. As for the Holley system. Where to start. All i can say is i am impressed with what i see. At this very moment im having fuel starvation problems... so in my honest opinion buy an in tank fuel pump if you have any suspicions of the same problem. Im taking a bit of time off the car, only cause the end of this project has been frustrating, but i would say go ahead and do it. Its nice to be able to control your fuel injection. Plus, its fuel injection. Theres a reason new cars run nothing but. If you have any concerns, questions, ideas, let me know. Feel free to email me. Im glad im not the only one who had this crazy idea. 

22 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I obviously am not sure but this almost looks like the proper adapter....

Screenshot-20200131-141556-Chrome.jpg

This was the one he made...

Screenshot-20200131-142153-Chrome.jpg

You can download the specs online .... you just need to compare the bolt spacing....

I never saw this one. Damn... probably would work. Looks damn near the same. 

It all depends on your setup. Im not very familiar with 620s. well not as much as the 510. I still need to build a throttle setup. Also, where the throttle is supposed to mount on the linkage for the sniper causes the pedal to feel a bit stiff. You may consider looking into an extension. Holley makes one. As far as fuel starvation goes, heres the long and short of it. I mounted the pump below the tank, outside of the body as close ti the tank as i could. And originally i had it sucking fuel out of the top of the tank like you would a soda, or whatever. Then i noticed it would run shitty from lack of fuel around a 1/2 tank or under hard stopping or on a hill. So i had a bung welded to the bottom of the tank, near the original outlets. Still had the same issues. I posted a question on the holley sniper owners page on Facebook (i highly suggest checking it out) about the problem. A holley tech mentioned that if there are too many tight turns near the pump, plus the way i had it drawing from the tank, could be an issue. The last time it ran, it died from lack of fuel pressure. I have a guage at the firewall which verified that. My theory is the pump is crap, plus when i had to reseal my fuel tank after i noticed a leak, i caused something to come loose in the tank and plugged the fuel lines. I used an impact to tighten the bulk head and heard some rattling in the tank, and figured the filter would take care of it. I know, im a dumb ass. Should have fixed it. I have to now change the plumbing under the passenger seat, install an intank setup.. either bought, or fabbed. Clean out the fuel lines. Im Leaning towards buying a setup. On a side note, as far as how i mounted the sniper, it sets the electrical fittings right above the exhaust manifold. I made a homemade heat shield for that. And also, as for the dime, im having hood clearance issues as well. Id like to make my own intake that could help the hood clearance issue. Hope this helps

25 minutes ago, Doobie said:

All the info I can is helpful thank you for responding!! Would you be willing to make another carb adapter? If so what would that cost

Oh shit. God knows. I did it all by hand, and it by far was not 100 percent perfect... it was darn close though. It took me a while to do it too...

1 hour ago, 510revisited said:

It all depends on your setup. Im not very familiar with 620s. well not as much as the 510. I still need to build a throttle setup. Also, where the throttle is supposed to mount on the linkage for the sniper causes the pedal to feel a bit stiff. You may consider looking into an extension. Holley makes one. As far as fuel starvation goes, heres the long and short of it. I mounted the pump below the tank, outside of the body as close ti the tank as i could. And originally i had it sucking fuel out of the top of the tank like you would a soda, or whatever. Then i noticed it would run shitty from lack of fuel around a 1/2 tank or under hard stopping or on a hill. So i had a bung welded to the bottom of the tank, near the original outlets. Still had the same issues. I posted a question on the holley sniper owners page on Facebook (i highly suggest checking it out) about the problem. A holley tech mentioned that if there are too many tight turns near the pump, plus the way i had it drawing from the tank, could be an issue. The last time it ran, it died from lack of fuel pressure. I have a guage at the firewall which verified that. My theory is the pump is crap, plus when i had to reseal my fuel tank after i noticed a leak, i caused something to come loose in the tank and plugged the fuel lines. I used an impact to tighten the bulk head and heard some rattling in the tank, and figured the filter would take care of it. I know, im a dumb ass. Should have fixed it. I have to now change the plumbing under the passenger seat, install an intank setup.. either bought, or fabbed. Clean out the fuel lines. Im Leaning towards buying a setup. On a side note, as far as how i mounted the sniper, it sets the electrical fittings right above the exhaust manifold. I made a homemade heat shield for that. And also, as for the dime, im having hood clearance issues as well. Id like to make my own intake that could help the hood clearance issue. Hope this helps

Outside, low and as close to the tank is good enough for an external pump but wherever you mount it, inside or out, you probably need a surge tank inside (although you can mount it outside the tank and mount the pick up there instead) where the pick up is. It's an enclosure around the pickup that holds fuel from sloshing away and exposing the inlet. Like the baffles in an oil pan around the oil pickup to hold the oil in place around it so it doesn't starve for oil. A surge tank can be as elaborate as you want to make it.

Only difference between a 510 and a 620 is the truck uses a throttle cable rather than a lineage and the truck does not have a strut tower in the way.

4 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Outside, low and as close to the tank is good enough for an external pump but wherever you mount it, inside or out, you probably need a surge tank inside (although you can mount it outside the tank and mount the pick up there instead) where the pick up is. It's an enclosure around the pickup that holds fuel from sloshing away and exposing the inlet. Like the baffles in an oil pan around the oil pickup to hold the oil in place around it so it doesn't starve for oil. A surge tank can be as elaborate as you want to make it.

Only difference between a 510 and a 620 is the truck uses a throttle cable rather than a lineage and the truck does not have a strut tower in the way.

I plan to use a "in tank" brand setup that has a built in baffle.. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-pa-a?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4NTxBRDxARIsAHyp6gBDXYYNS5jspyM5A0hd_8lTWoPzo8onBVymZEuWYUELVX819GAXkYQaAv_wEALw_wcB

16 hours ago, 510revisited said:

Those are the pumps I use in my LS swaps. I tack weld the ring in place so I don't have to fiddle with trying to hold it in place while installing the pump.

Just so you know, the PA-A does not include a pump. It's just the bracket and mounting hardware. Go to the MFG website for more info. https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=528/category_id=-1/mode=prod/prd528.htm

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Those are the pumps I use in my LS swaps. I tack weld the ring in place so I don't have to fiddle with trying to hold it in place while installing the pump.

Just so you know, the PA-A does not include a pump. It's just the bracket and mounting hardware. Go to the MFG website for more info. https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=528/category_id=-1/mode=prod/prd528.htm

The link i sent should be the pa-2. Does that come with the pump? The way i see it, it does. Im gonna call tanks inc monday to verify.

I got a piece of 5/8 thick aluminum I’m  going to attempt to make an adapter , I ordered the Holley sniper 2300 efi,I’m debating ordering the Holley sniper sending unit, I found a guy on ebay that makes fuel cells that mount In The stock location on a 620 they are designed for the sniper sending unit, I’m kinda on the fence because the sending unit is around 400$ and the fuel cell is about 500$