My Grandpa's 1978 Datsun 620 pickup

LivingLikeLarry99

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17010-N0227a__22121.1540148447.JPG?c=2

See where the arm enters the pump body? See the little round shiny thing? Well there is a pin that goes through to the other side that the arm rocks on

23100-49045-6.gif

Here's another slightly different design. They don't all leak but they can. If so degrease with brake cleaner and dab a small amount of TRV and let dry.

IMG_5615.jpg

The oil sender is in the center of the right side of the engine just to the rear of the oil filter.

16 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

17010-N0227a__22121.1540148447.JPG?c=2

See where the arm enters the pump body? See the little round shiny thing? Well there is a pin that goes through to the other side that the arm rocks on

23100-49045-6.gif

Here's another slightly different design. They don't all leak but they can. If so degrease with brake cleaner and dab a small amount of TRV and let dry.

IMG_5615.jpg

The oil sender is in the center of the right side of the engine just to the rear of the oil filter.

Ok. I'll have to have a look at it Friday to confirm but I think it's the oil sender most likely then because my grandpa said it was a simple part we needed, but I couldn't understand nor anyone at multiple autozones what he meant because he forgot the name of it. Do you know where you can get a new oil sender? And I think he replaced the fuel pump not too long ago but if it can leak oil I won't rule it out until I get a better look. 

This part fits a lot of vehicles, you local auto parts store likely has them also, PS171T is the number you search on ebay and likely everywhere else also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Pressure-Sender-for-Light-Etron-PS171-Fits-Acura-Datsun-Chevy-Honda-Geo/263277721200?epid=226953982&hash=item3d4c933670:g:B0QAAOSwdjdZ7mfh:sc:USPSFirstClass!98683!US!-1

Edited by wayno
16 minutes ago, wayno said:

This part fits a lot of vehicles, you local auto parts store likely has them also, PS171T is the number you search on ebay and likely everywhere else also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Pressure-Sender-for-Light-Etron-PS171-Fits-Acura-Datsun-Chevy-Honda-Geo/263277721200?epid=226953982&hash=item3d4c933670:g:B0QAAOSwdjdZ7mfh:sc:USPSFirstClass!98683!US!-1

Got the number, thanks I'll be sure to check Autozone tomorrow. If not then the Nissan dealer. 

Oil Pressure Sender for Light Etron PS171 Fits Acura Datsun Chevy Honda Geo

I doubt very much that a chev honda geo have BSP threads. When ordering make sure it's for a Datsun. It's a simple ground switch that is open at and above about 8 PSI.

Nissan # 25240-89910 Used on all J, L, Z and A series 4 cylinder, Pulsar and Stanza. Around $15 CDN so $10 US. It's part of the lubricating system so don't buy something like this based on lower price.

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone, sorry I took a break on this project because my Grandfather got very sick and was unable to help with the knowledge aspects I needed help with. He very recently he passed away, following a heart attack among other issues. Now the truck is now mine and I intend to finish the truck in his memory. I have several questions regarding bolt fitment. Also I was able to do everything else. Rear main is changed, pilot bearing is too. Transmission seals are all done and I just need to put fluid in. New shifter bushing as well. I now need new hardware for the driveshaft propeller as my grandfather misplaced many parts to put everything back together. Currently I need help finding bolts that hold engine to the Transmission, the Transmission mount to the crossmember, bolts that hold the crossmember member to the frame ( I only have 1), clutch pressure plate to flywheel bolts and the driveshaft propeller bolts as I said. Are the bolts the same for a 280z? Or is there any ones that are compatible with the truck, I haven't had any luck finding parts for the 620. Thank you