I finally did it

datsunfish

So after a few years of lying around I got the urge to put these on my 521 since I go back to work tomorrow. I havnt synchronized them and I need to create a fully functional linkage setup and fix the water leak from bypassing the coolant hose to the mani. Damn these things rip ass!!! Super responsive and tons of power for a L16. I got a 450 268 cam,ported head and 2" exhaust so I think it was ready for it. Damn these rock. Cant wait til I get all the bugs worked out. I have gotten them to run a bit better than the video shows and the sound cuts out when it gets really up there its not bogging out at all.

th_2008_0925Image0089.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man that sounds awesome! Looks like a sleeper 521 to me :cool: Now go out there & run a few Civics:lol:

Hells yeah! Funny you say that cause I drove it around a bit and some dudes in a civic were definitely intrigued by the sound. Looking around and revved up their fart can.:lol:

Any day beotch!:fu: Maybe I should wait til you swap in a 411 rear so you can pass me an hour after I smoke you off the line!!:D

You just let me know when you "think" you r ready to roll.:fu: The winner will race McGregor:D

2eDeYe;98481']Nice... Which manifold are you running?

I see your running manual brakes. Any fitment issues?

Its the cannon thats sits high and drops down. Kind of an s shape. All the stock 521s have manual brakes and the single res mc so it fits perfect with 2" velocity stacks.

Doug,Whats Mcgregor? Is that like mcgyver? I can certainly mcgyver a datto.:D Oh wait. The gregenheimer. I get it. His exhaust is too big for the hills so I can race him around here...

Edited by datsunfish
Its the cannon thats sits high and drops down. Kind of an s shape. All the stock 521s have manual brakes and the single res mc so it fits perfect with 2" velocity stacks.

Doug,Whats Mcgregor? Is that like mcgyver? I can certainly mcgyver a datto.:D Oh wait. The gregenheimer. I get it. His exhaust is too big for the hills so I can race him around here...

yah i think my truck has a manifold problem cuz loses power on a upgrade like sucken way to much air if you idnt have a job you could come look at it
Where did you get those? How much?

Ohh,I spent my time on ebay before ratsun came around. I got the pair of carbs on ebay for $175 from a bmw 2002. I got the mani for $40 listed for a nissan 710. The single banjo fitting from summit for $35 and the velocity stacks on ebay for $40. 3 years of looking at them. discouraging.:mellow: Slappin em on and blammo they run great...priceless:D

• 1 month later...
Saturate the plugs??????? Maybe float level??????

Webers have a funky numbering system when it comes to jetting.

I have a Unisync but I think they are kinda cheezy. there is a newer needle type(made in germany) that people use now.

do you think a Matchbox ignition might help? if you dont have one already.

It could be the float level. i will read up on that. Funny how it soaks the plugs but never fouls them out and it still runs,just stumbles until it clears out breifly. Maybe need an electric pump. The rear carb float stuck once and it was dumping fuel everywhere. Smacked it around a bit and it freed up. I am running a matchbox,msd blaster 2,ngk brp6es and 8 mm wires. I knocked the coil wire off once and arced big blue spark about 4 inches. Shocks you much harder than a stock setup.:eek: Oh and these are mikunis not webers.