Door interchangeability

Valvebounce

Here in NZ we got Very very few KC's.  Can anyone tell me if the doors are identical between KC's and standard cabs?
Ive got an opportunity for some free shipping to NZ out of Seattle. (A family friend is bringing a container over) I'm hoping to find some one piece door glass. (all ours had that nasty quarter window) But the only stuff I can find thus far is on a KC. 
Are they the same?

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The door card is differently mounted through '75. There is a long external trim clip along the top and plastic buttons on the sides and along the bottom. '76 on have only the plastic buttons.

KC box is the same as the standard cab short wheelbase box.

Grills to '78 are the same '78 and up different but all interchange.

Front glass are all the same but KC rear windows are different from the standard cab.

Dashes all the same.

KCs had bucket seats.

• Like 1

You'll need the metal sash (channel) and the felt to line it for for the longer glass to fit where the wing window was.

RH is 80212 B5001

LH is 80213-B5001 if you want to look up what they look like

Your wind up (or regulator) should work ok with the longer glass.  Along the bottom of the glass is a metal trim that is gripped by the regulator, better get that with the glass just in case.

• Like 1

Two things...

They whistle. My Dart had them and when a passenger opens one I would:  No no no no!!! shit. Now they'll whistle for a week till the rubber seals it up.

Thieves smash them in and it's not so obvious driving a stolen car in bad weather.

They are a god's send in the summer though.

7 hours ago, difrangia said:

One man's trash is another man's treasure !!

I'd love to have a set of tropical doors with the wing windows.  Costs too much to move them around the globe.

Once mine are replaced with one piece I fully intend to offer mine up for pretty much the price of the postage. I've actually got two trucks worth of bits. 

You can get new repro rubbers for them. and i guess they'd be a point of difference. (like how people here love JDM, or USDM specific parts on their dattos.) 

• Like 2