What trim level is my truck

Berta720

I bought a 1981 720 from my boss and the wiki does not help me. It's been repainted so I don't know what the original paint was like. But it has bench seats and a five speed with no tach but it does have a moonroof. All in a long cab 2wd chassis. 

i have a bunch of pics but idk how to insert them

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ST would most likely have bucket seats, tach and clock. The ST might have an option 'package' that might include electric door locks and windows, room light timer, moon roof and the 4X4 oil pressure and voltage gauge on top of the console. I think they also had nicer steering wheels and aluminum mag rims and larger tires.  

• Like 1

Yeah, unfortunately VINs don't tell you much on these trucks. My understanding is that sunroofs were optional equipment on ST trucks only on the late model trucks (85/86), which means in order to have a sunroof you'd at least have bucket seats, a center console, and all the gauges in a 2WD truck. 

In your case, it seems like a really odd set of options, which seems to be more common in the earlier trucks. Why would someone go through the trouble of ordering a truck with a sunroof, but not elect to have the tach, clock, and bucket seats? Alternatively, why would someone order an ST or XE, and take out the buckets, clock, and tach? Seems weird to me, but at least you have the sunroof! 

Side note: drop some pictures. Here's a post I made on how to do it. 

Edited by MaxChlan
  • Like 2

The tailgate is shaved of the DATSUN letters with a 85/86 NISSAN fender emblem in its place and also on the driver fender.

Tan seatbelt on the passenger side.

Red/black plaid upholstery AND tan on the door panel.

Tan door opener.

Gray dashboard.

For sure looks like someone was customizing it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, olskool720 said:

The tailgate is shaved of the DATSUN letters with a 85/86 NISSAN fender emblem in its place and also on the driver fender.

Tan seatbelt on the passenger side.

Red/black plaid upholstery AND tan on the door panel.

Tan door opener.

Gray dashboard.

For sure looks like someone was customizing it.

Ya I was going to take the badges off pre soon. The interior was brown but the painted it and redid the seats with some shitty scratchy stuff. 

But I'm just gonna run with it. Minus the shit badges. After winter I will probably look into some nice rims too

• Like 1

Not sure what year the ST sport truck started.  I have an 84 King Cab that has the power doors, the moonroof, clock, tac, and the more plush cloth inserted seats,  but does not have the vlt or oil pressure gauges.  Not sure what radio it had stock because it was gone when I bought the truck.

7 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

I am curious about the console between the seats. I always thought the transfer case shifter eliminates that option.

I think the console stops just behind the shifter so there is still room.

• Like 1