Clutch slave cylinder failed... best option to replace?

Primerdimer

Clutch slave seal failed and leaked out all my fluid from the boot... been researching and finding that the aftermarket ones fail often as well. I pretty much red this fixed ASAP... 

Does Nissan still stock these and if so, does anyone have a part number? Or maybe is there a rebuild kit?

Does anyone have any luck with the aftermarket ones from say, O’Reilly?  Part number for that? (Looked on their site and there was 400+ options??)

is there anything I may run into that I may be overlooking?

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere, I tried searching but am in a mega time crunch...

thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, mklotz70 said:

Does this mean you don’t recommend buying from some somewhere like O’Reilly, or is this pretty much the same? I’d really like to go pick it up today and get this back in the road...

In the pic it doesn’t have the adjustable shaft either, that should be ok?

• Like 1

Go pick one up man if you need it today.  It’s not going to fail the second after your swap it on. And Don’t believe everything you read. I have a non-OE (beck arnley or some shit) and it’s been fine for nearly 2 and half years.  

• Like 2

I think the kits are NLA from Nissan. I did get one once for my 620 years ago and for $12 it had everything but the casting and the piston. Nipple and rubber cover, boot, fitting and the new neoprene seal. Had to buy a slave recently for about $20.  I took it apart to make sure there were no aluminum chips in the bore and it was assembled right. The seal was flimsy and soft as an TRV gasket on a chevy mulletmobile. I also wet the seal with brake fluid so it wouldn't start life in a dry cylinder. 

• Like 2