rhwelder

weldingrod

Removing a cab from a 1984Nissan 720 4x4. Near the rear of the cab s a substantial (3/16" thick)  contoured bar bolted to the underside of the floor of the cab, it goes through a loop of metal attached to the crossmember. Bolts rusted and heads stripped. Just as soon cut off that loop of metal and leave bar bolted to the body. Bar not attached to loop in any way. What is that cross bar for? Thinking I can just cut the loop of metal to free the cab.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 90 hrdbody I stripped had the same thing.  As the rod floats in air between the metal top and bottom of the bracket my only guess would be, in a accident if one or more of the cab mounts failed this rod would help to hold the frame and the cab together.

I think you might be right Charlie as they are not attached to each other. Friend's project and he has already screwed up the bolts. Don't know if I can weld that bracket back in and bolts are FUBAR .....so up to my friend if he wants it there or not.

• Like 1

OK, best I find some way to retain that.

Thanks.

Do you know of a supply of parts anywhere? Looking for rear drive shaft for 84 720 xcab 4x4. I think it is 43" flange to flange.

• Like 1