• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart :fu: , or anywhere that sells Krylon spray paint

and pick up a can of Yellow X-Metals paint. (Although i think they are going

to discontinue it :confused: )

I am batting zero on this so far. The local wally world only had orange (maybe?.) But no engine clear. Checked another WW tonight and they didn't have any colors. Fate is telling me not to do this trick I guess.

xyz

What i did is take the headlight and put it near the stove and soften up the Laminex and rob it on then I sealed the corners ithe polyurathane enamal so the water dosnt lift it up.

I woud try the spray if I had to do it again

I just cleaned mine really well with alcohol, seems to stick just fine. I might try the paint on the 2 door.

You can get lucky and find a pair at a local jy :) Or check this out: http://jalopnik.com/5082899/over-1000-vintage-mercedes+benzes-await-the-cruel-jaws-of-the-crusher-in-kentucky

I emailed her and she said I could get a pair for $60 shipped. Which, when compared to ebay prices, is not bad at all.

• 2 weeks later...
xyz

What i did is take the headlight and put it near the stove and soften up the Laminex and rob it on then I sealed the corners ithe polyurathane enamal so the water dosnt lift it up.

I woud try the spray if I had to do it again

thats a good advice...to seal the corners...

thanks...

i think im going for it.

since it been about 2 wks, can someone chime in and tell us how is the spray coat holding up..

I also called NAPA today on the part # and they told me that I would have to bring down my bulb to match it up.

has anybody got the part # yet......

Edited by 420n620
why would you need to bring the bulb in? its a spray.... or are you trying to get some benz lights brand new?

rat tail dragger bought some at NAPA and I was hoping to find out the part #.

post # 8 reads by rtd > hey fellow ratsuns i went to napa and got 2 high beam headlights amber for $44 bucks for both for the 620 that is

I would drive down there but I'm pulling out my motor/trans to put in a new clutch pack/set. :mellow:

Edited by 420n620
because i can all by my self ,,,, ha ha