Jsoi510

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/10/2020 at 10:07 AM, Jsoi510 said:

just went to pick up all the 15LBS of chrome pieces I had for the car. going to polish them and see what ill actually put on,  most likely jut the hood and trunk trims, and  front and rear window trims.  as well as floor jam chromes  and that 68 front grill 😎 ohhhh so shiny  like star in sky.  with them vents (not plastic) and bumper plate light is this a 68 bumper light? 

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 3.48.24 PM.png

Who did your grill ?  And that light for license looks to be for a wagon. 

On 12/25/2020 at 11:05 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Who did your grill ?  And that light for license looks to be for a wagon. 

Some guy from instagram. Gota find his name, I was happy but not completely satisfied, he did a good job polishing and restoring but when I got it it had a dink and the back part of the light   Basel  and he told me it was a  68 but don't recall him saying it was for the wagon

been looking around for r160 LSD  differentials seen some for 250  others for 900 wtf! lol trying to stay under 3200 at free way speeds with my stock k24de engine and tranny... for now... any advise is welcome on where and how to get the right diff  also need to cut and shorten drive shaft. any one know a local shop in the east bay? or Bay Area in general ?

6 hours ago, Jsoi510 said:

Some guy from instagram. Gota find his name, I was happy but not completely satisfied, he did a good job polishing and restoring but when I got it it had a dink and the back part of the light   Basel  and he told me it was a  68 but don't recall him saying it was for the wagon

Was his name Logan Neet. SSS restoration?

On 12/28/2020 at 7:14 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Was his name Logan Neet. SSS restoration?

I believe so, he did a goods job, and the dink was from transportation but still hurt lol

On 12/29/2020 at 3:16 AM, BRG510 said:

I use Drive Line Service in San Leandro. Fair price and quick turnaround. Give them a call, they will tell you the dimensions you’ll need to provide. 

I appreciate that, ill give em a holler as soon I get the diff, so I know exact lengths 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:35 PM, mrbigtanker said:

He did one of my safari grills and came out like shit. I will never use him again, he is to far away and under his mercy to get your parts back and deal with. 

I’m with you, he gave me a month for the return, became way over half a year, he also charged a deposit which I was on with then the rest when finished, well turned out he wanted to get paid before(several months before finishing). Because he had to

move shops and blah blah bs, as a costumer not my problem as a business owner I understood so gave in and paid.  Still very disappointed on that whole experience. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

been while since i been on but EL DATTO is almost  out and riding,  but troy work in the suspension and got it ready for the road, as wel as the brakes. finally got the diff cut welded and rebalance. neeed my front glass a clutch master and a few test runs to see what im missing and ill be out. 

right now im having issues with it trying to get it running smooth as is running super rich.   came out the maf is bad as the sensors inside if it are no longer in there. so hopefully  that fixes the issue other than than stoked to almost be out!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

so we all like videos lol this was exciting to see as well as a very proud moment of mine.  first run after sitting for over 10 years with me and another 7 plus years with the previous owner. swapped   but still runs really rich.  and i cant figure out why. enough black smoke to  cover the block, idles better with maf disconnected but of coarse wont rev pass like 4k  

help? lol 02 is in, knock sensor is in, no egr or swirl valves on, new coolant temp sensor. 

only thing i can think of is timing but ive set it to the second mark to the left on the crank pulley.  rotor was facing #1 plug and #1 piston was all the way up

need to order some nice headers and go get the piping redone as its also currently running the stock  ka24de cast headers to the 510  piping . 4-2-1 typer of flow. 

also  previous owner had installed  this antenna on and after sitting for so long i wondered if it was gona work still. yup still working! wired all in correctly and switch attached to dash 

so close yet so far 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

And the Katsun  is running! check it out. Wanted to make it to the datslocos even  but couldn’t finished it in time.  Even now I been doing the fine tuning. So far  

had to raise it because it was rubbing on every tire, even after a light fender roll. 

there’s a really  bad whining  I’m thinking it’s my transmission  or The diff which

gets really hot to the touch ima 10 mile drive highway and street speeds 

or maybe the hub??? Has a bad wobble in the rear driver  it has new bearings  and the disc hit my caliper.  Instead of my pads . 

other than that it’s all groovy. 
all lights  work 

all gears work

all sensors work 

sits are in brakes stop engine is timed to spec 

spend 2 weeks trying to figure out a extremely rich issue  which I was misdiagnosing as setting my timing wrong. turned out to be a tps issue, which I trace to the ground circuit being shorted out right behind the ecu connector. Solder it backed up and it started like a brand new engine. Compression was 165psi in 1-3 and 180 in #4  

I’ll be posting some more vids in the YouTube channel, as I drive it more. Manage to put it some 

nice old schools sits too. I’ll post the pic of those later I need help

identifying them:) glad this thing is running after being sat since 2006. 

• Like 2