Lowered the pickup today

Drummerboy4as

So the drive shaft wasn't lined up quite right then?

to be honest the angle wasnt bad at all, but peoples advice to me was raise the carrier bearing. Someone suggested 2 inches, however the only square tubing I had was 1 inch aluminum, and i only had 4-5 inches left from a different project. Heres a pic of the carrier bearing. And for anyone else that trys to lower the front to match the block/spring de-arch its not gonna happen. I had to remove the bump stops and there only about 2 inches of travel. Gonna have to get in there and "massage" that area to give me more travel. The pictures are posted in my build thread as well, but just for people who search...

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What exaclty is de-arching? Sorry to sound so dumb. I just dont know the exact.

well you can either "de-arch" your springs at a shop, they take the arch out of them...or like this thread suggests, and like i did we took the second spring out and put it on top upside down. This in turn flattens the leafs and in turn lowers the truck....

like i said basically its taking the arch out of springs. If you check my build thread there is a shot of the stock vs the flipped leaf.

You can "Z" the lower control arms like I did on my NL :) Since I raised mine back up an inch so the tires would quite getting cut on the pinch weld, I have close to 5" of compression travel available. There's pics of how I did it in my NL320 thread.

well you can either "de-arch" your springs at a shop, they take the arch out of them...or like this thread suggests, and like i did we took the second spring out and put it on top upside down. This in turn flattens the leafs and in turn lowers the truck....

like i said basically its taking the arch out of springs. If you check my build thread there is a shot of the stock vs the flipped leaf.

gotcha! thanks

• 1 month later...
got mine removed tonight and forgot i needed the C clamps, i will get them tomorrow and post pics after i get it all put back together. is the carrier bearing being raised a MUST?

A must? I would say yeah (even though I haven't done it yet :eek:) I get some weird vibration at certain speeds. Pretty sure evening out the carrier bearing would solve that.

Thanks 4 the pics & the tutorial. Very informative and easy to follow. You r both a gentleman and a "Ratsuner":blink: Truck looks bad-ass bytheway:cool:

Why thank you :D

Great thread!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice to see another sac town 620. Nice drop I like it.

Just realized I never posted newer pics after I dropped it more :D

We don't see enough 620's around here :mad: Plenty of Dimes though

Newer pics

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

The ride is a little rough. De-arched rear springs with 2" blocks. If I remember right I re-indexed the front 2 teeth then evened it out by adjusting the torsion bar a little. No bump stops. Front has about 3"-4" travel. Rear has NONE! My tires are my suspension :( As soon as I get motivated I'm taking out my overload spring, that's what is keeping me from having any travel in the rear... oh and I guess while I'm back there I'll space up my carrier bearing :fu:

IMG_1125.jpg

I think thats a nice ride height for the 620. How did this mod effect the ride? Do you ever load the bed? Have you since?

Looking good

Eh, It's a pretty rough ride. Hoping to improve it with the removal of the overload spring.

No I haven't loaded up the bed yet at all, even at stock height. Honestly, most I figure I'll need to load it is transporting parts from the JY or something like that.

• 4 months later...