75 b210 fastback

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a new '76 coupe and later had a fastback B-210. Has straight axle with leaf springs, struts on the front. Added 'helper' springs and radial tires. Put a pair of the latest halogen 5 3/4s behind the grill. Hey, what I know now, I could have done a lot more, but it handled not bad. Wasn't fast but a lot of fun to drive on twisty dirt back roads. Salt and Ontario winters rusted it out so fast I could not believe it.

No IRS... oh well that ones out of the question

IRS is over rated! By the time you stiffen the springs and add a nice stiff sway bar and shocks, you might as well have a solid rear end anyway. IRS would be nice on a VERY rough, potholed, twisty, dirt back road but not that much better on a smoothly paved race course. BTW: 'tried and true' means simple, effective, cheap and easy to work on.

B-210s were light and the motors were bullet proof! Can't help thinking what an L20B 5spd. would perform like in one. May be a 200sx rear end with discs?

did the 200sx have a good LSD in a straight axle? I was just thinking of a good rearend..

Don't know about LSD, maybe, good luck finding one.

The '80-'83 200sx was just an example. It has an H165B axle with disc brakes and coils. I would cut them off and weld leaf spring perches on it.The old style 510 wagons (all new, HL? 510s had solid axles) had solid axles with the same diff as the 620 truck except the side gears had a different spline. A truck diff can be swapped in by swapping the wagon side gears into the truck diff. There were 4.11s and 4.375s and more to choose from.

Tangent, I'm looking at getting an '80 210, maybe. By then I'll 'maybe' have a spare L20B 5spd. Already have 2, 200sx rears, but one I gave the rear discs to Jason of the Realm. I also have a pair of '84 Maxima station wagon struts with vented rotors. Bleach said they were almost identical to 280zx ones (the Maxima was built on the 280 platform)

Mike, I'm pretty sure that the Maxima struts will work in a 510. I know of a guy who used the 200sx H165 axel, disks and all on his wagon also.

Good luck with the 210, I kinda like them, my first gf drove one.

did the 200sx have a good LSD in a straight axle? I was just thinking of a good rearend..

Nope.... LSD are basically gone. I don't know if the states got one for the H165 or what ever it was... but the H190 LSD for cars (different axle splines than trucks) are all gone, they go for like 1500 bucks on ebay. I say wait for a 4 door dime buddy, it should be first on everyones list :D I do like the 210's though :D

Jason, did he keep the leaf springs on the wagon? Also would the Max struts fit a 210 I wonder, I'll probably end up telling you, lol. Yeah I like them too, I got thinking about them and actually the new '76 B-210 was the first Dat I ever owned and that led to a 68 dime the same year, or maybe the other way round. Anyway you always remember your first eh?

Oh yeah, her name was..... snicker! Yes, the fellow mounted the 510 springs onto the 200sx rear axel and it seemed to work fine. He was using a L20b for an engine and since the 200sx and HL510's all used these and the Z20's and 22's I'd assume that the H165 could handle the power OK. Seems to me that I'd rather stick with the H190 though.

Don't know about the 210 with the struts, worth a shot though, most stuff Datsun kinda interchanges with some work eh?

I`m the owner of a b210 and on the verge of buying a 510

thats how i ended up on your forum.

Good stuff. I like your cars

Dude you gotta post some pics of your 210! it looks sick!

Datsun 210 uses coil springs in the rear. Datsun B-210 uses leaf springs.

Thanks 'zilla, I used to own a new '76 B-210 and knew they were leafs, assumed they all were. Good to know. What size diff was in the '80- '81 210 anyway?

I have a few questions for you :D

1. Are those really the factory tail lights?

2. Is it really a 140z? weird....

3. could you put a link to ratsun in your link section :) please hehe

I have a few questions for you :D

1. Are those really the factory tail lights?

2. Is it really a 140z? weird....

3. could you put a link to ratsun in your link section :) please hehe

1. Yup, all our coupes had those tail lights

2. Yup, the truth is sometimes stranger than fiction

3. link done, right on top ,hope it works

Engine for past 2 years is a Z 24 sub with ported L head ,306 degree cam and still the 48 sidedraught Dellorto carburettors

Check here for more Datsun stuff ( language could be a problem)

http://p086.ezboard.com/famigosdosjaponesesantigosfrm12.showMessage?topicID=73.topic

http://p086.ezboard.com/Datsun-120Y-B210-1973/famigosdosjaponesesantigosfrm12.showMessage?topicID=79.topic

http://p086.ezboard.com/Datsun-Pickup-620-19721979/famigosdosjaponesesantigosfrm12.showMessage?topicID=106.topic

http://p086.ezboard.com/Datsun-Pickup-720-19801986/famigosdosjaponesesantigosfrm12.showMessage?topicID=109.topic

http://p086.ezboard.com/Datsun-510-1968/famigosdosjaponesesantigosfrm12.showMessage?topicID=101.topic