75 b210 fastback

Johnson, your 140Z is looking so good.

140Z Details: wiki - Datsun1200.com

> What size diff was in the '80- '81 210 anyway?

B310 "Datsun 210" had H150 differential, like most B210. It is only good for about 125 lb ft of torque. That means 1500cc or less. With the L16 (as in the 160Z) Nissan used the H165, but the H150 is better since it is lighter. See differential strength

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix
Yes, it`s got leaf springs at the rear.

Here`s some pics with my new wheels .Racing Heart 17`s

newwheels2-1.jpg

newwheels1-1.jpg

also see older pics at http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/austin/489/

Hey bud.:)

How are you. good to hear from you and to see old Kemono "The Beast" again.I am a fan of Kemono, my favorite Datsun automobile.

This is Jaime, remember me , the B210 guy. My B210 got stolen:(....but I will get another one some time. I am dealing with my Datsun 610 now, and have a 710 too ( 160U in SA.)

My dream is the "Z", either 140 or 160. If I can find one, I would move earth and seas to get it here.

To those asking about the "Z", yes, the 140Z and 160Z are real factory Datsuns, not a fabrication. These were the sports "PB210" models. Made and sold by Datsun/Nissan only in South Africa.

A great car, and a proud bearer of the "Z" badge.

If I go to SA for the Football World Cup, I will hunt around for a "Z"!!!

Cheers.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Isn't that "just" an SA made, re-badged Sunny Excellent? Facelifted model, so PB211 is the correct model code (sorry to be a nitpicker...). PB210 came with L14 and PB211 came with L16. Of course, GX version was also available. But with Hitachis, not Dellorto's like this "Z".

Edited by mikko1200

It's fairly common for people to replace the factory twin Hitachis with dual webers/dellortos/solex-mikunis. Even the 240Z guys do this sometimes.

Facelifted? Actually that grille is the earlier model at least in Japan market. The KPB211 JDM used single piece grille looking more like regular KB210.

The 140Z was a Datsun-Nissan South Africa offering of the KPB210 model. The 160Z is unknown, perhaps it was marked PB210 instead of PB211.

Guest jaimesix
Isn't that "just" an SA made, re-badged Sunny Excellent? Facelifted model, so PB211 is the correct model code (sorry to be a nitpicker...). PB210 came with L14 and PB211 came with L16. Of course, GX version was also available. But with Hitachis, not Dellorto's like this "Z".

The 140Z and 160Z were not just "re badged" Datsun PB210s/PB211s. These were cars made explicitly and intentionally by Nissan/Datsun in SA, with authorization and assent from Nissan/Datsun headquarters in Japan.

These cars were made with the intention of making them sportive. You could say these cars are a variant of the PB theme, but not a re/badged car.

A re badged PB210 L14 would be a Sunny Excellent 1400 ( or vice versa ). It was the same car, the latter name used in Japanese markets, the former used outside Japan. Same vehicles with same specifications

A 120Y was a re badged Datsun B210( early B210s with A12 engines.)and vice versa, an early B210 ( A12 ) was a re badged 120Y. Same vehicles with same specifications.

The 140/160Z was not the same vehicle as the Sunny Excellent or the PB210, there were some differences in accesories and in theme that made this cars different. No other Datsun had factory Dellortos, and the finishing, colors and performance was different.

A re badged car would be something like the "Mitsubishi Starion" made by Mitsubishi, and the "Dodge Conquest", which was the same exact car, sold under authorization by Chrysler dealers as such. The Dodge Conquest did not have any special features the Mitsubishi Starion lacked, and vice versa.

I have some brochures about the "Z" cars, but since my own PC is down, I can not bring my files up to download.

I wish the "Z"s would have been available worldwide.

Jaime._________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix
What are the chances of getting a complete taillight and grill assy. shipped to the US, and at what cost?

Would be so worth it, esp. for the taillights!!

Those are absolutely killer!

You got to hunt for those parts. Once I was going to get a set for the rear tail lights. Steel sheet metal, lamps, fixtures......but it went crazy on E/Bay....sold for about 500 bucks.

The best way would be to go there and find a ride, or have a close friend over there that would look for a junked car , strip the parts and send them here.

I always wondered, why did Nissan deface the B210 with those tail lights and big bumpers, when the same car, in "Z" clothes was such a cool car!!!

Jaime._____________________________________________________

• 3 weeks later...