427 Corvette engine in '73 620?.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have honestly... like to have seen the LS7 project (if that's what it was since I'm catching up)

It was. the guy just couldn't take a joke is what it really came down to... Looked like a really cool project though, like someone else said, hopefully we see it when its done.

It was. the guy just couldn't take a joke is what it really came down to... Looked like a really cool project though, like someone else said, hopefully we see it when its done.

I'm not even sure it was that he couldn't take a joke, I think it was more that he had NO idea what he was getting into... Just spitballing and got his bluff called by some very skilled and knowledgeable members of the forum that sent him back to the drawing board. This is how innovations are born.

Read posts 4, 5, 9, 16, 17, 20, 23 and 31. All positive in spite of a V8 not fitting a 620. Pointing out what won't work is identifying a problem that needs addressing. Cutting a 620 lengthwise and widening... is a sin. It's not an engine swap at all, and no longer a 620 either. Maybe 620 cab/box on an S-10 frame?

I suggested doing it, then posting the finished running build.

There's no deodorant like success........... Liz Taylor

Times up. We can revisit or not at a later date. I re titled it so the search function will find it.