Cheap paint job done at home, no spraying

Bleach

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a guy on the other side of the Highlands a couple years ago that actually did it with latex! Drove by and actually had to stop and ask him how it was workin out for him ;)

When he was done it looked better than any rattle can job I've ever seen and better than quite few amateur spray jobs to boot.

I don't think I have the patient for the process myself but if time wasn't a consideration??? Nawww... I don't like sanding that much

Great info! I saw a rod sell on Barret Jackson auction that had a roller paintjob. They did it in a way that caused the paint to have texture on purpose. Looked really neat and matt, but I imagine it would show alot of dirt and be a pain to wash. It had alot of texture.

I did the trunk of my car that way. Turns out good, but it takes a while. I ended up spraying the rest of the car with rustoleum. I looks OK considering it was 30 degrees when I did it. I'm going to go over it next summer to make it look a bit better, but it is tough as hell, and I looks decent from 10ft. away.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob
My 'Robin's Egg Blue' '55 looked like it was painted with a corn broom.

HAHAHA :lol, yeah that reminds me of the guy who owned my truck previously. He was a house painter, left fat globs of eggshell white house paint behind the grille, after trying his hand at automotive refinishing. Friggin brush strokes everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I painted this truck with traffic line yellow paint(real paint for traffic lines). It was a brush job. Looked like crap up close.

YELLOW4.jpg

YELLOW2.jpg

I do a roll a tip method on boats and it works out good. You roll the paint on and then lightly run a dry brush over it.

No youve got to add the glass chips in to do that. I didnt have to add in. I got the paint free when i found it in the back of my step-dads garage.

I miss that truck, granted it was a rusted POS, it wasnt a bad truck.