2Wheel-Lee's 1975 Datsun 620

I thought I posted this. I had to go to Autozone to get a carb rebuild kit to get the replacement gaskets. Last weekend, I finally got the 620 out of the garage and drove it around a bit. It was good that I had the air filter assembly off so I could see fuel leaking out of the float bowl area. I'm honestly surprised how well it ran for 1-year-old California gas. There was a little bit of a misfire from time to time, but still darn impressive how well it ran with such bad gas. 

For being as low as it is, the ride was pretty smooth. Still bedding in the brakes, so it'll be a little bit before I have a better feel for them. 

Now if ]2eDeYe would get those SR20 620 mounts done. :)

20170325_131430%201_zps5mc1dmwn.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

I went with the DD301s - they have a shorter stroke, which is why I need such a stiff spring.

The front actually rides pretty nice at that height. I still need to install shocks in the rear - there are none right now (I haven't driven the truck much). 

And this was my last mini-truck.

The picture with the one girl was for a "Minis Only" 1990 calendar. The model, Lynda Sobek later had a boob job done. Unfortunately for her, she was murdered by a photographer a couple years later.

1990%20Calendar_zpsreifiqqw.jpg

Back in the late 80s/early 90s, RG Canning shows were very popular back then. This was taken next to the Long Beach Convention center for the RGC program.

Lee%20Toy%20RGCanning%20Program_zps2zlks

1896776_434448686685455_362994158_n_zpsc

And if this may look familiar, and you're an old hip-hop fan...

This was just one of the many systems that was in this truck. The loudest was a wall of twelve 12"s with 4000 watts of power. It was second highest overall SPL in the unlimited class at the very first IASCA finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaeNelsAOGo

I believe I may have that issue of Truckin'...The cover looks familiar. I'll check when I get home.
  • Like 1