45 DCOE idle problem

theeoracle

I don't know much about tuning webers other than syncing and changing the idle mixture. I can't seem to get a smooth idle at all, I mean it sounds somewhat consistent but very shaky. The idle i can only get down to about 1500, and when I just lightly touch the throttle the rpms shoot up to 3000+. It makes it almost undrivable. I just timed my ignition, so it's not that.
They are 45 DCOE 152 36mm venturi
Jets are:
145 main
185 air corrector
F16 emulsion tubes
55 F8 idle jets
45 pump jets

Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqbTtmxvMk

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that a cannon manifold ?

how big is your cam ?  stock or ?

if your cam is more than stock the balance tube in the manifold can cause idle problems 

I dont know how much more than stock but whatever cam is in my l20 is a custom grind from Rebello and I couldnt get it to idle lower than about 1600 

dave epoxy filled the balance tube and tuned the carbs and now it idles 900 to 1000 and runs great 

is that a cannon manifold ?

how big is your cam ? stock or ?

if your cam is more than stock the balance tube in the manifold can cause idle problems

I dont know how much more than stock but whatever cam is in my l20 is a custom grind from Rebello and I couldnt get it to idle lower than about 1600

dave epoxy filled the balance tube and tuned the carbs and now it idles 900 to 1000 and runs great

yup its a canon manifold.

cam is .475" at valve, around 248 duration, I think, I got it from dave. h'mmm maybe ill try that. But I thought the intake walls were not connected.

and when you were running at 1600rpm was it smooth-ish?

whats your timming?

try 12-14 or even 15 deg BTDC

I bolted my 40mm set up  on and ran fine on a stock motor and a cammed motor.

cammed motor is had more power..

40s are best on the street.

I dont know why people pick 44s and 45s. then you have these proplems

my timing is at 18BTDC

yup its a canon manifold.

cam is .475" at valve, around 248 duration, I think, I got it from dave. h'mmm maybe ill try that. But I thought the intake walls were not connected.

and when you were running at 1600rpm was it smooth-ish?

mine ran good after idle but couldn't get it to idle lower than the 16 to 1700 till the balance tubes were filled 

this was a direct recommendation from dave when I told him my problem 

the first question from his mouth was what manifold are you running 

again I dont know my cam specs but on a built motor the balance tube causes idle issues 

what is a balance tube? wgat I can see in vid I dont see anything connected between the carbs.

yea on my newer canon intake there is no "balance tube", or anything connecting the runners. Just a hole in the 4th intake runner, that i plugged with a bolt, and some gas teflon.