Datsuns Around Bend presented by Datslocos Oregon 2016 August 26th-28th

510BendOr

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Luv_telecasters & @ Denmarkboy that is about right count wise...

So far I have 10 Paid registrations and Datslocos Oregon with a VIP spot of 10 cars

Hoping to get more paid registrations soon so we can start working on schwag and events planning?

• Like 1

I gotta talk to family to figure this out, I've got 8-11 persons + 5-6 cars....I need total cost for each campsite and whatever other costs are involved....and I don't FB.

What's the registration webpage link?

Currently registration is private at 510BendOr@gmail.com $50 Per Carload for the weekend

• Like 1

Got your pm, thanks.

Every vehicle needs a state issued pass, right?

It is recommended that you have a state parks pass to come an go freely from the park above but not required

IF you don't have one you will need to pay a $5 park fee to participate in either the cannon ball run or Pualina Peak accent!

• Like 1

It is recommended that you have a state parks pass to come an go freely from the park above but not required

IF you don't have one you will need to pay a $5 park fee to participate in either the cannon ball run or Pualina Peak accent!

Great, I'll inform my fam to get the pass :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly recommend an Oregon State Parks pass for this event as well! Trust Me!

I was Fucking Wrong! LOL

It's the US Forest Service Pass we will need??? Sorry Guys I drove up there this last weekend and they said they would not honor the state ones...here is the right one... http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r6/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=fsbdev2_027010

Stay tuned for the most up to date information!

Cheers

510BendOr

• Like 1

I was Fucking Wrong! LOL

It's the US Forest Service Pass we will need??? Sorry Guys I drove up there this last weekend and they said they would not honor the state ones...here is the right one... http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r6/passes-permits/recreation/?cid=fsbdev2_027010

Stay tuned for the most up to date information!

Cheers

510BendOr

Daily passes are $5 each. Annual pass is $30

Anyone from out of state can just buy a couple of the day passes. Also for out of staters, you can buy passss ahead of time online that are valid for days chosen at the time of purchase

http://www.discovernw.org/store_national-forest-recreation-epass-national-forests-in-washington-and-oregon-only_20281.html

I buy an annual pass every year and use the shit out of it

• Like 1

Found out I'm on call this weekend... wtf. Is there good cell coverage at these sites?

^^^ what Diego said, switch with someone.

And about cell service, this broached said it can be unreliable based on where you are in the caldera and your service provider

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprd3840921.pdf

Edit below. Had my directions off

The show and camping is on the west side of the mountain. Sunriver is just northwest so I'd assume we'll get good service there campared to inside the caldera like the broached was talking about

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW,

Law enforcement is hot and heavy in that area on weekends, so keep your activities civil in the Caldera.

DCSO, OSP, BLM, and USFS law enforcement are on patrol there. It is a National Monument Park.

NO FIREWORKS, DUI, FIREARM MISUSE, or PUBLIC DRUNKENNESS will be TOLERATED.

The Paulina Plunge waterfalls and Paulina Peak are one of a kind experiences. Murphy crossing campground is way cool. Check'em out.

Be safe and have a good time.

Wish I could be there, but my 720 is in pieces and I'll be working on it.

Al

Chicken Trucker Extraordinaire

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright everyone...we are weeks away!...Who's still excited?

Datsuns Around Bend presented by Datslocos Oregon

2016 August 26th-28th hosted by Central Oregon Desert Datsuns

Datsuns%20around%20Bend%20POSTER_zpsahz0

follow this thread for upcoming information!

There are 50 spots available at main camp and filling fast on sale now for pre-sale $50 for the weekend per car load!

• Like 1