Datsuns Around Bend presented by Datslocos Oregon 2016 August 26th-28th

510BendOr

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for next year's event, I'm coming out for the entire week so that my family and I can enjoy better all the activities and places to visit and hike at Newberry Caldera and surrounding areas, it it just breath taking beautiful.

Thank you Aaron and rest of your crew for setting this thing up, great fun and experience, I'll incorporate pieces of that piece of shit champion radiator to next year's hard luck trophy :rofl: maybe the head gasket as well haha, I don't think the head is badly damaged though, no coolant in the oil :thumbup:

https://youtu.be/hYJHgXcPF-4

Cylinder #2 plug...

20160828_194912.jpg

20160828_194841.jpg

Not much coolant left after 131 miles...

20160828_213435_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Suggestions.

Swap meet-have one

Shade- show at a place with some

A less dusty campground- so Joel will kick it

More driving/ cruising as a group- for fun

Trophies/awards- mix it up. Only one ratty vehicle and two 4x4's (or jacked up 2x4's) made that part a bit boring. Best car, best truck, best stock survivor, best custom....

Just my $0.02

With all that said I had a great time and it was great to meet new people and get to know others a little bit more.

• Like 3

Suggestions.

Swap meet-have one

Shade- show at a place with some

A less dusty campground- so Joel will kick it

More driving/ cruising as a group- for fun

Trophies/awards- mix it up. Only one ratty vehicle and two 4x4's (or jacked up 2x4's) made that part a bit boring. Best car, best truck, best stock survivor, best custom....

Just my $0.02

With all that said I had a great time and it was great to meet new people and get to know others a little bit more.

Yep, i think i feel the same way. The pics look like a lot of fun but after the 7 hour drive and then 2 hours of driving in a circle to find the place, kinda lost the enthusiasm.

Not being from the area i had no idea the camp site was right off the highway, and one more left turn. Simple directions. I should have been more prepared, but sometime life gets in the way.

We ended up in Bend at Motel 6, had dinner at a brewery, then danced at a bar / dance place. off to Tillamook, over to Albany, Medford and home.

Much fun was had just in a different way  

• Like 3

This Was Fuzztail Hefeweizen from Sunriver Brewing Company...

That golden ale brew was....terrific!

Thanks for the other feedback so far guys I am taking note...some things I can change other things well are what they are...it will be more of a "choose your own adventure" next year along with the set schedule of activities possibly over an extended period of time!

This has been a very positive experience so far and would like to keep it this way?

Cheers

Aa

• Like 2