oil pan/suspension photo please???

distributorguy

I'm wondering if anyone has a photo of the bottom side of their 2wd 620, showing the oil pan and what's near it.  We're assembling our race engine, and with a total lack of forethought, we forgot to investigate where we can add volume to the oil pan as it sits in the chassis.  If anyone has a decent photo, possibly at different angles, I'll share our oil pan design as well.  I'm just verifying the angle of the bottom of the pan as well as clearance from all the peripherals.  

Google has been no help.

You can either post here or email to distributorguy@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!  

Jeff

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, your in luck because I'm in the process of figuring out a way to reroute/lower the front crossmember to accomidate a larger sump.

First idea is to weld a loop of 2" x 1" x 1/8" tubing to the original cross, extending out to the front,

then cut the center out of the original.

But it will depend on how much deflection there is when I put it into my press, and put a load on it.

If that doesn't look strong enough, I'll just extend the crossmember down an inch or two.

DSC07701.jpg

DSC07699.jpg

DSC07718_1.jpg

DSC07716.jpg

DSC07717.jpg

• Like 1

Why?  I'll be running for a Land Speed record at potentially 8500 rpm and more volume is important both for oil temp and the speed at which the oil pump will be moving.  Lots of oil will be up in the motor, the pan may otherwise run close to empty.  It looks like there is ample room on the passenger side for additional sump, probably a bit tighter on the driver's side due to exhaust in my case.  I can easily add an additional quart.  

Great pics - thank you!  I can't lower the crossmember as mine is just barely above ground now.   :thumbup:

• Like 3