Portland 510

heirfaus

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if any of you have tried to remove ES poly bushings, but that lube is STICKY!! I had to do this to remove the center pins:

2937045520_97e0427416_b.jpg

2936190289_ab83c90400_b.jpg

Started it with a larger rod and then put the screw drive on the edge of the pin and pushed it out

Impatiently waiting for the 2 bushings to come in this week, I got one side set up.

I remember one of the Matt's showed my an easy way to remove them and I thought it might work to install them too. Guess what it did:p hooray!!

2937082800_f575261b9c_b.jpg

I sanded the inside smooth and then spray some graphite lube on the inside and on the part I was pushing in. One gave me some resistance and the other went in pretty smooth.

Well, left side is pretty much together, noltec bushings are in, and the diff is in. Just waiting on the other two bushings and then I'm back on the road in no time:D

2937045358_f65a424517_b.jpg

Edited by heirfaus

Dude that is one sexy crosmember!!! The CV shafts make it look modern :D We need more pics of the car, sorry I'm a pic junky :D

I don't like poly bushings!!! I don't want to steal your thread so if you want I can delete this.

sc0038a6bd.jpg

sc0038d193.jpg

Dude that is one sexy crosmember!!! The CV shafts make it look modern :D We need more pics of the car, sorry I'm a pic junky :D

I don't like poly bushings!!! I don't want to steal your thread so if you want I can delete this.

No problem at all. Good info. That explains why the ES bushings are so much more expensive than the Factory stuff. But I do have to say that when I put the Poly bushings in the front of my 90 325i it felt nice and tight and was a worthy upgrade (granted the old ones had 200K on them).

Ice, what book is that?

What did the Noltec bushings cost? How long did it take to get them?

I can't quite remember, you could email them. I've had the Noltec for while now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...