• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3871000555_3829c8a476_b.jpg

3871784328_3253d2475a_b.jpg

3871771794_fda699acaa_b.jpg

Well, inspired by my desire to try out my Spintech muffler, and my lack of desire to drop my cross member again (thanks for the idea Rich), I decided to cut out my spare tire well, which hasn't been used in 3.5 years. Went to Dallas, OR and had Luke weld in a piece of 18 guage sheetmetal. Made a template out of card board and it worked pretty well. I was wondering whether that flat piece of metal would make noise so I talked Luke into welding a piece of flat bar across it. Now I just need to paint it and then put on the sound deadener after my fuel odor is dealt with.

Man I didn't know you were that crazy. As to cut your trunk up. How did you weld the sheet metal under the tank? From underneath the car?

My friend spotted you in your 510 today. He said do you know a orange two door with a geek with nerdy glasses as a driver. I almost fell to the floor laughing.:lol: I had to comfirm some details. I know it was you. I told him your the guy I got my 4 door from.

Did you get your spintek on? I'm curious to find out how you like it and see pictures of it installed.

I LOVE mine, and I didn't have to cur out my trunk...???

I don't have it in yet. This was just the first step. I hope to have it on in a couple of weeks. I made a mistake and the one I ordered doesn't quite fit. Spintech comes so many sizes and I wanted a big one since I will eventually have the 2.2 turbo going. I also hate taking the rear suspension down and need to pull my diff to have it adjust. I may also pull it again within the next year or two to have the gearing changed. So the convenience will be nice.