Ole Blue

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. I don't think it will bolt to the 720 transmission, and it's too weak for that engine anyway. Get the SR with it's five speed. Again the SR transmission is doubtful to be the same length as the 720 5 speed so driveshaft and transmission mounts will need to be modified also. Engine mounts and the oil pan will need mods to fit a truck. You'll need a high pressure fuel pump.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys jus wondering what I should put in my 720 4x4. It has a z24 and runs decent but leaks a decent amount of oil here and there and loses a lot of power going on slight hills what should I throw in there to make the situation better because I drive on highways quite a bit where the limit is 65 to 70 and this truck loses its power and drops to about 3 to 40 going up hill I almost have to put it in second 

10 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

KA24E is the easiest swap. DE is next in line.

I vote for a Cummins R2.8 diesel.

At this stage to do a KAE with the 240sx intake you are looking at a 33 to 34 year old intake that was only offered 2 years. Same for the computers. That's what I am running and love it but trying to do that swap now and chase down all the parts? The KAE is close to bolt in but engine mounts, power steering pump, radiator hoses, oil pan won't fit, wiring harness and the fact the exhaust manifold dumps into the frame you need to be able to weld and wire with confidence. This swap has sent many trucks to the scrapyard. Not to sound negative but this swap is a massive project.

• Like 1

This was already asked here...

It was brought up that you may have over size tires. So what size tires do you have???

The Z24 should easily do the highway speeds otherwise. There are a few things that could be causing this if not the tire diameter and it's a lot cheaper than a $5-6K engine swap.

• Like 1