junkyard inventory listing on craigslist

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would save us alot of time. But then again the thrill of going on a treasure hunt would be gone.

I say "nay". The thrill would still be there, it's almost like going hunting and knowing that there is the "twelve point buck" is waiting for you. No lost amusement park admission fees, you can guarantee the car is there.

would save us alot of time. But then again the thrill of going on a treasure hunt would be gone.

even though its good knowledge, that is kinda true. nothing is better than finding exactly what you need where you least expect it. i found a goldmine of datsun parts just overhearing someone say that they had some datsuns at this one junkyard. i know if i ever owned a 620, i would be set for life. :fu: :D

i mean hell its free so list your inventory online. ya know what i'm saying.

they cant even update whats in stock - over the phone, whats makes you think theyd actually take the time to put effort into that idea???

be :cool: if they could...

even though its good knowledge, that is kinda true. nothing is better than finding exactly what you need where you least expect it. i found a goldmine of datsun parts just overhearing someone say that they had some datsuns at this one junkyard. i know if i ever owned a 620, i would be set for life. :fu: :D

Where is this goldmine you speak of? :D

2eDeYe;86991'']Where is this goldmine you speak of? :D

its Tee Pee Auto Wrecking in Outlook, WA. its pretty close to Yakima. they have at least 8 620s, a 320, a few 521s, a 1200, and a bunch of Z's. a lot of other hard to find non datsuns too. i spoke to the owner and he is totally against crushing vehicles unless they are completely stripped, which is hard to find in this day and age.

A while back in the ecology yards in Cali. You could of called in and ask if your car was there. They could tell you exactly were the car was at! Just pay and go in and dig the parts out. BUT! The system was faulty, many a time I and other people went in and there was nothing there. Other people must of gotten angry or something since they stopped giving out this info...

A while back in the ecology yards in Cali. You could of called in and ask if your car was there. They could tell you exactly were the car was at! Just pay and go in and dig the parts out. BUT! The system was faulty, many a time I and other people went in and there was nothing there. Other people must of gotten angry or something since they stopped giving out this info...

That was the best system on the planet. Damn near foolproof. It helped me on countless 610 hunts, except it could not tell you how pillaged the car actually was, leaving room for speculation. A long ass drive from Moreno Valley to Santa Fe Springs to find just a shell... of a wagon? A couple of good parts, but no real goldmine, except the '73 sedan that jaimesix and I basically should have just bought from that yard, as many parts that we bought off of it...:eek:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.