My throttle sticks to the floor? Need pics L16 stock..

Evaded

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Find and fix the problem, stiffer spring isn't likely the fix and will just wear the throttle shaft out.

Disconnect the throttle linkage from the carb. Now work the carb... is it stiff?

Yes... then the carb is the problem. Accelerator pump jammed? Throttle plate rubbing bore? Foreign object stuck in throttle plate? Carb linkage bent and jammed?

No... then it is in the linkage for sure..

• Like 1

Find and fix the problem, stiffer spring isn't likely the fix and will just wear the throttle shaft out.

Disconnect the throttle linkage from the carb. Now work the carb... is it stiff?

Yes... then the carb is the problem. Accelerator pump jammed? Throttle plate rubbing bore? Foreign object stuck in throttle plate? Carb linkage bent and jammed?

No... then it is in the linkage for sure..

Rebuilt the carb.. functions as it should. Its the linkage for sure.

Those ball ebds wear or threads out causing a bind.

unless carb butterflys sticking.

better yet sell me that wagon

So if those ball things are shot, whats the solution?

Get new ones from, http://www.piercemanifolds.com/.  Christ, do you want us to go shopping for you too!

Calm down.

So if those ball things are shot, whats the solution?

Try greasing them. Move around each point until you find what is sticking. In my 68, I found that the pivot that the pedal rod itself moves on was dirty and sticking. I took it out and took it apart, cleaned it, and re greased it. Now it moves silky smooth.

• Like 1

Calm down.

Try greasing them. Move around each point until you find what is sticking. In my 68, I found that the pivot that the pedal rod itself moves on was dirty and sticking. I took it out and took it apart, cleaned it, and re greased it. Now it moves silky smooth.

Thank you for the response. Yes Im going to break it all down today and do that, to see if it helps.

Rebuilding the carb is the same as buying a new part..... there is absolutely no guarantee that it's in working condition. Don't assume.

I understand that. Should have said the carb seemed to function as it should with the linkage disconnected. Thanks for the help again. 

Get new ones from, http://www.piercemanifolds.com/.  Christ, do you want us to go shopping for you too!

Thanks for the link.... If your gonna respond that way however Id rather you just not help. I mentioned right from the start when I became a member a couple of months ago, this Datsun was my first and very new to me. I apologized for all my newb questions.  Everyone on this site has been very helpful and supportive so far.

I alwasy stripped cars and had sapre ball ends and shafts but went to a cable set up with Dual carbs. but those use the Mikuni ball ens on the carb shafts(got spares of them also)

Might have to shoot you a pm if the greasing doesnt work.. thanks for the help again. :)

Eric