1977 Datsun 100a F-II or F10

Let me first introduce myself, my name is Thomas i'm a 19 yo Dutch automotive engineering student and I have been working on this car for the last year and a half. It first started as a simple restoration by fixing a few patches. Once I started cutting it turned out that the sills, the rearend, the doors and the front fenders needed to be fixed. Almost all the rust is gone except for the doors. This project has been so slow going since I could only work on it in the weekend and it will stay that way for a while.

temporary_zpsvexpzax0.jpg

temporary_zpsuiadjk3f.jpg

temporary_zpsidv0zqjb.jpg

Made a new rear end

temporary_zpspbyfos69.jpg

temporary_zpsqvemd3ik.jpg

Cut the rear arches out 6cm or about 2,5 inches

temporary_zpsgucawuez.jpg

Fixed the front fenders

temporary_zpszzdumxng.jpg

And how she sits now

temporary_zps4dzpumin.jpg

And my inspiration

temporary_zpshaxfg7zc.jpg

Now I need to tidy up the underside and get thet coated and I can start building again

• Like 3
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool and unusual build. I dig it! Welcome. What are you doing for engine? Stock? Always wanted to see someone swap GTiR guts into one of these fwd Datsuns.

Inspiration pic looks like a budget Kenmeri. I like it!!!

Exactly what I was thinking. Welcome to Ratsun. Great job on the metal work so far. I'm excited to see this come together.

The engine for now will remain pretty stock, head will be ported and polished, custom headers and double carbs. But once the car is road legal I will go looking for an A12 and set it up like a Tomei engine with high power at high RPM's.

• 5 months later...

I guess it's time for an update that's long overdue. The rust is gone, the underside is coated and things are starting to go back together. 

I put it on the ground for now without the springs to see how far I could with the suspension, I think it will be okay.

temporary_zpshgcygiqk.jpg

temporary_zpsbluyo8om.jpg

Enginebay is coming together.

temporary_zpsv50p2wnm.jpg

Now I need to figure out sive, width and offset rims I want to run on this thing. I'm thinking about 14'' or 15'' steelies with the original hub covers and some nice flares. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I guess it's time for an update on this car.

I got a new engine for this car it's an GA14DE. I still need to clearence the pan to make it fit but it will sit like the original A10 ontop of the gear box. The plan is to make the fwd A12 clutch work with the GA flywheel.

WP_20160311_20_28_26_Pro_zps9ehuoffw.jpg

WP_20160311_20_32_47_Pro_zpst7kmxmh6.jpg

WP_20160312_19_12_47_Pro_zpskqjwfjsx.jpg

Futhermore I got some new front brakes they are from an S13 I made the templates to get them to fit but I still need to get those CNC'd. I will do the back ones when the engine is in. Thanks to these brakes the original wheels won't fit so for now I have some 15x6 +45 steelies.

This is how she sits now

WP_20160204_11_50_17_Pro_zpsre44gfyz.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Engine is test fitted in the dat with the custom 3mm thick oilpan, where the engine mount is fiited on to. Now I know I will have to modify the intake and exhaust manifold. 

The next thing on the list is to modify the A10 flywheel to accept the GA14 and then get the engine out and make it look good. Here are the pictures.

WP_20160420_21_56_11_Pro_zpsgyq9qizh.jpg

WP_20160420_21_56_21_Pro_zpshrgkhtjp.jpg

WP_20160420_21_56_39_Pro_zpsf3trjoq8.jpg

WP_20160420_22_04_39_Pro_zpsartjxlp9.jpg

WP_20160420_22_04_53_Pro_zpsihlrorei.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...