• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have the turbo motor out of the ZX.  Rather a bitch pull.  Not elegant.  Slightly dangerous, but whatever, it's out!  And to celebrate, I decided to leave my smartphone in my coverall pocket and proceed to throw it in the wash.  Realized about the time the drum was full, wrenched it out.  Just spent some time with the vacuum trying to suck any leftover water out, have them drying on top of a paper towel on top of a cup filled with rice.  We shall see.  Internet tests say Samsungs like getting dried out and work again just fine.  Hope they're right!

• Like 2

Yeah, I just realized mine's an HTC.  Old one was a Samsung.  Crossing my fingers for the morning, have it in front of the fan for the night now.

Mine still works...HTC ONE....ran it over with truck.....flew out window hit a car and dragged on pavement for 100 yards or so.....dropped it I water.....still alive...I have over 300 music files in it and still use it for playing tunes....I put it on the AC outlet in my truck with AC full blast after dropping it in water, after an hour she ran fine :thumbup:

Mine still works...HTC ONE....ran it over with truck.....flew out window hit a car and dragged on pavement for 100 yards or so.....dropped it I water.....still alive...I have over 300 music files in it and still use it for playing tunes....I put it on the AC outlet in my truck with AC full blast after dropping it in water, after an hour she ran fine :thumbup:

Must be why that one is "outdated"; the "improved" models wouldn't stand up to such a beating.

• Like 1

Because your WRX was a WRX, not worthy! I almost traded my Patrol for...

nothing!

..and as a result...

1HWQIPa.gif

• Like 3

Well the HTC 510 didn't survive the dunking.  Granted it was probably in the washer for about 10 minutes underwater.  So now I have an HTC 520.  And I explained to the cute thing who sold me the phone, you know what a 520 is right?  Though I did forget they started the 520 in 65, I said 68-70, but I doubt she'll go check to verify accuracy. ;)  Anyway, struggling through almost the same phone, trying to figure out how to turn off all the bullshit that comes on those things and getting google the fuck out of the phone with the exception of email.  I've already cursed it, but it's working and fairly familiar.  And I'm feeling shitty like I have a cold coming on, so I'm trying to not get too pissy and go to sleep early and beat the cold tonight.

But after dinner I'll probably update the Z car thread.  Oics!

• Like 1

It's great, about the exact same as my old one.  Which worked fine until I drowned it. ;)  How could you go wrong with a phone that has a model number named after a Datsun pickup?  :D